Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Ah! Thanks, Simon. Makes sense! The only tricky part with that solution is that Banner and the Hulk have two different psyche's, two different personalities, two different skill sets (at least most of the time). Hulk, for example, doesn't have the skill Academia 4d (Radiology), and Banner MIGHT have a higher Composure and CERTAINLY a lower Fortitude.

How would you handle someone like this (or like a werewolf)?

Best,
    Yeah, good point. Then, I suppose 2 different versions would be the best way to go.

How do other systems handle it? Like Icons, Champions, M&M or Bash?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that in Icons, Bash, or even Tri-Stat, most of the time, they advice to create two different psyche, for the two character have different personalities. Except if the character and the Super in which he turns into have the same mind and same personality.

In my first example of two identities (on page 1), I was more troubled with a character turing into a monster, but with the same personality, memories and therefore the same basic aptitudes, plus the new ones acquired, added to new powers.
    Like if Doc Banner turned into the Hulk and kept his mind, his intelligence, his memories and most of his skills. In game terms, it would mean that the Hulk aspect would have more dice to dish out without bringing any real disadvantage to Doc Banner.
    But maybe this kind of situation can be easily ruled by giving the player the same starting number of dice than the other players, and ask him to create two characters (Doc Banner and Hulk) with this number of dice.
    Sorry for my English, but it's not my primary language.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And last but not least...

Marvel-Wasp by Eletarmion, on Flickr

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    Yeah, good point. Then, I suppose 2 different versions would be the best way to go.

How do other systems handle it? Like Icons, Champions, M&M or Bash?
    Hi Simon,

In Champions the Hulk would purchase a power called Multiform. Multiform allows a character to have multiple forms, with distinct personalities, powers, skills, and abilities. In the Hulk's case, the power would be purchased with the Limtiation "No Conscious Control."

In Mutantd and Masterminds you would build both forms - each one with a Disadvantage called Transformation.

In BASH UE you would build the Hulk and give him the Disadvantage Normal. The Narrator and player would then work out under what conditions the character is Normal and how many points the normal form is built on.

It would be nice for SUPERS! to have some sort of Multiform mechanic. Certain characters really depend on it. I'm working on a conversion from Champions 4th Edition right now - the Jaguar. This character has two forms. One is a competent detective and adventurer, with a set of very useful investigative skills. The other is a were-jaguar form, that has a different personality and a completely different set of abilities. Obviously this character needs two forms, but what power (or mechanic) should be employed to allow a character to such forms?

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'd go with if you want "2" characters, build them both from your initial allocation of dice.

So a 20D "hulk-alike" might spend 5D on their "Dr Bummer" and 15D on "The Bulk".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, as I said, that seems to be the best choice to me.
    Except if Dr Bummer needs to be built with 20D as well because he's the greatest scientist in the world for instance and he needs a lot of dice in his Aptitudes.
    So, 20D for Dr Bummer and 20D for Hulk-alike ?
    Sorry for my English, but it's not my primary language.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, moving beyond the Avengers ... here's Spidey (although I guess he is an Avenger these days)...

Marvel-Spider-Man by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next UP!

Marvel-DoctorStrange by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I should post these somewhere else, since the thread is titled for the Avengers, but I want to keep them all in one place. Here's the Human Torch!

Marvel-HumanTorch by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, I hope you do The Thing! i know he's a simple build, but I'm curious how much Armor you'd give him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Thing is coming up after Reed Richards! Then the Silver Surfer. Stay tuned this weekend!

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys!
    I'm rounding out the Fantastic Four by posting The Thing:

Marvel-Thing by Eletarmion, on Flickr

As simple a build as The Thing is, this write-up has me asking some questions. I'm keen to hear what your take would be.

The question has to do with Elemental Form (Stone). Should he have it? On the one hand, the Thing is CERTAINLY rocky. He LOOKS like he should have it. His resilience, however, is probably best modeled by Armor, given that he should be able to take multiple blows from multiple foes in a single round. So - would you give him:

1) One or the other?
    2) Both?
    3) If both, what value would you assign to his Elemental Form (Stone)?

What say you?

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you had to choose one I'd say Armor for two reasons:

1) Since the Thing is a brick, he should be able to effecively defend against multiple attacks.
    2) Elemental Form allows you to travel through the element in question. I don't think that's something the Thing is known for (I could be wrong).

Him being rocky could be handled as simply cosmetic if you drop the Elemental Form power.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast