Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Elder Evils (Dungeons Dragons)

Downloads
    Uploads

Elder Evils (Dungeons Dragons)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Elder Evils (Dungeons Dragons) [Wizards of the Coast]
    by Robert J. Schwalb
    Release Date: 2007-12-18
    Amazon Price: <strike>$29.95</strike> $16.81 as of 03/07/2008 09:45:57 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Description
    High-level threats for your Dungeons & Dragons(R) campaign.

Elder Evils provides DMs with 160 pages of truly wicked threats to challenge high-level heroes. Each "elder evil" described in this nightmarish tome comes with a detailed description, stat blocks for the elder evil and its minions, tips for how to incorporate the elder evil into any D&D campaign, adventure seeds, and maps of the elder evil's lair (complete with encounters and room descriptions). The book also provides guidelines to help DMs create their own unique elder evils as worthy campaign villains and endgame encounters.
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Downloads
    Uploads

Post [AD&D] Elder Evils Excerpts

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Elder Evils Excerpts

Take a look at a few excerpts from the Elder Evils. Learn about Atropus, various feats included in the book, and more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else interested in this book? I think the deformity feats are interesting.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dunno... If it is a strictly 3.5ed source book, maybe not. Seems interesting though. Who doesn't want some more epic challenges?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post [AD&D] Spotlight Interview - Elder Evils

Spotlight Interview - Elder Evils

There are dangers so great, so primal and powerful, they are referred to as elder evils. This month, we speak with Robert Schwalb, one of the designers for the latest sourcebook, Elder Evils.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the one hand, I like the idea of a fantasy campaign culminating in some Lovecraftian evil awakening. Especially if this book actually offers advice for such a campaign over and above its specific examples, it might be worth a look. (From the TOC, though, this section looks only ten pages long.)

On the other, I'd probably never GM D&D, so I wonder what this book could offer someone who already has Call of Cthulhu and has read more than enough Lovecraft, Ligotti, and R. E. Howard to come up with his own ideas. The idea of giving Elder Evils stat blocks also doesn't sit well with me: if you can kill them, how did they get so old?

Before I spend money, I'll have to peruse this book in the store.
    Last edited by fmitchell; 12-16-2007 at 12:30 AM.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it could be useful in giving more focus to a long term campaign. I frequently have some grand scheme or design, but it is more flexible or malleable. That way if I don't like how things are going, I switch gears and hope the players don't notice the seam. You could probably make a more dynamic over arching path (like Dungeon was doing) with better design at the onset of the campaign.

Lovecraftian elements can be fun in doses. I don't like the feel of Cthulhu games which, in my experience, seem an exercise in futility. I tried a vile campaign after BOVD, but was disappointed in the outcome as well as the feats from that source.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking forward to purchasing this soon. It should be a nice companion piece to Lords of Madness.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post [AD&D] Elder Evils Art Gallery

Elder Evils Art Gallery

Experienced adventurers wanted! The foes found within Elder Evils can provide higher-level adventurers a challenge or two -- though it never hurts to introduce them early in your campaign. You can view some of these foes in our online art gallery.