Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Rules Compendium (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying)

Downloads
    Uploads

Rules Compendium (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Rules Compendium (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying) [Wizards of the Coast]
    by Bill Slavicsek, Christopher Perkins
    Release Date: 2007-10-16
    Amazon Price: <strike>$26.95</strike> $14.85 as of 03/07/2008 09:46:53 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Description
    The definitive reference guide of Dungeons & Dragons(R) core rules.

Tired of hauling all of your D&D rules supplements to the gaming table? Having trouble finding the rule you need? The Rules Compendium supplement takes all of the game's most important rules and presents them in a single comprehensive, easy-to-reference volume for players and Dungeon Masters.

In addition to presenting the rules of the game, the Rules Compendium incorporates official errata as well as behind-the-scenes designer and developer commentary explaining how the rules system has evolved and why certain rules work the way they do.
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Downloads
    Uploads

Post [AD&D] Spotlight Interview - Rules Compendium

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Spotlight Interview - Rules Compendium

Antimagic, polymorphing, turning undead, gaze attacks, incorporeality, and the perils of grappling trollsÖ. This month, we speak with R&D's Chris Sims about how the latest sourcebook helps make better sense of the wealth of game information.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't wait for this to come out. Most of the groups I've played in had something from every supplement out there and the DM had to have print-outs and stuff to keep track. Hopefully this book will solve most, if not all, of our rule problems. I find myself wondering if I found a rule in one book or another and have to spend a few minutes looking stuff up between all the books at the table.
    Last edited by Digital Arcanist; 10-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was kind of flabbergasted when I saw this. My thought was, "They're putting this out NOW?" Still, if 4.0 bites this will be useful in continuing 3.5. I might pick it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are still putting out 3.5 books until 2009 and the new stuff is supposed to be 4.0 friendly.

There will always be those people who are happy sticking to whatever edition they are currently playing so books like this will still have good circulation. I plan on picking this up and will also get 4.0 when it comes out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to be clear so that no one buys this thinking it is going to be a compatible product with 4th edition, this is an excerpt from the Spotlight Interview linked above.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sims @ wizards.com
    Rules Compendium is aimed at those who want a concise rules reference for 3E. Itís intended for people who might continue a 3E campaign until or even after 4E comes out. Those people deserve a book thatíll be authoritative and help lighten the load at a game session.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been happy with the Compendium series and hopefully a Class Compendium will be forthcoming for 3E or at least in a few years for 4E.

Although it will come in multiple volumes for 3E, hopefully by fighter, wizard, et cetera style breakup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh... I'd rather not spend the money for a book that re-lists information I already have. It's no trouble to me to bring every supplement related to my character to a game, as well as those being borrowed by other players. Scans of the relative pages work too.

My vote? Moneymaker for WotC, another item for ultra-completists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also all the classes from the last seven years of Dragon magazines as well as the supplements.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talaisan View Post
    Eh... I'd rather not spend the money for a book that re-lists information I already have. It's no trouble to me to bring every supplement related to my character to a game, as well as those being borrowed by other players. Scans of the relative pages work too.

My vote? Moneymaker for WotC, another item for ultra-completists.
    Some of us haven't bought every book under the sun that comes out.

So this book will actually save me some money... get the benefits of a compilation despite having not much more than the core.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!