Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Campaign Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Campaign Help

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'll be starting a new campaign soon (after 7 years away) and it will be set in the Forgotten Realms.

Where is a good location to start? City or otherwise. Remember we haven't played in quite a while.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    should this be determined by what sources you have, or are you going to fill in blanks and wing it?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have the FR corebook and the Shining South book. But I've always like the area further north. Around Waterdeep. The Dalelands. Sword Coast North. I'm fairly sure that only one player has ever read a FR novel. So I shouldn't have anyone bringing up anything like that.

I had considered Waterdeep but its huge and I don't want to get caught up there. I'd rather have a smaller (but not too small) city for the PCs to call home (for now!)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    baldur's gate? ^^

i actually have a fair number of the books. i can look it up and give you a more serious set of suggestions if you would like me to. =D (i'm going from memory here.)
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you wouldn't mind that'd be great! Thanks! I'm going to examine the map and see if anything pops out at me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, to the south along the trade way from waterndeep is daggerford which is within reach of the laughing hollow, the misty forest, the crumbling stair, the house of stone, and the ardrey forest.

you also have silverymoon between the moonwood and the high forest, near mithril hall, the castle of illusion, the one stone, the citadel of the mists, and the grandfather tree, though it is also a major metropolis.

if you want a more coastal setting the sword coast north is also a possibility with icewind dale, luskan, and neverwinter are all good starting points.

there are many more smaller towns and cities scattered about as well. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I actually started writing a huge adventure set in the house of stone before we stopped playing. The high forest and ardeep forest too.

I'm also considering somewhere in the Dalelands perhaps.