While I realize this has come up before, let me quote one of my own posts:
Advantages of rearranging forums:
Originally Posted by fmitchell
- Finding the appropriate genre for a new thread is not always intuitive. Should Deadlands Reloaded discussions go in Modern/Universal or Horror/Dark Future?
- A general forum for all games might lead to more cross-pollenating of ideas.
- Division by system, if we adopt it for anything beyond D&D, mirrors the strong system loyalties most players develop. Nobody is loyal to a genre.
- System-independent ideas could go in a System-Independent forum (or not).
Granted, I don't know the amount of work involved, and the One Forum to Rule Them All might overwhelm new users. Maybe it's worth considering again?
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)