Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road to Revolution

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I have actually been asked to run the "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" campaign for a new table top group that has formed. Two of the people in this group are actually from the other group that I had run this for. So that it will be interesting for them as well as the new folks, I told them that I will be making changes so that everything isn't the same as when they played the first time. Currently there are five players and maybe a sixth once one of them checks with a co-worker that has expressed interest in wanting to get into gaming with RPGs. This time, we will be limiting the number of members though. Since the Tsojcanth module is able to support up to 8 characters, I told them that that would be my upper limit. The other group started out at 9 characters and eventually exploded to 13. The three of us (myself and the other two from the first group) have all agreed to this limit since we will be the main three DM/GMs of the new group.

What I am curious to get responses from you folks here, is to if I should use the same module encounters just moved around, change all of the module encounters to something different, or a combination of both? I do have plenty of creatures/demons that were not used in the first group. Plus there were some encounters that the original group didn't even do, simply because the characters didn't go to that particular place (Especially inside the Lost Caverns themselves).

Also, I am still debating about putting a campaign log for the second running on my blog. I do know that the other to logs did recieve (and still do to some extent) quite a bit of reading.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i suppose some backstory might play into your decision. is this simply a different time period, with the location repaired / reinhabited? or is it going to be an alternate universe / dimension / timeline? will this tie into a campaign, or be a one-shot (effectively)? you could assign a new theme, or do a what if sort of switch up with the storyline, and project the logical consequences.... anything sound interesting?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Niji, I will actually be running the whole campaign module for the new group. It will probably take from a year to a year and a half to actually get through the whole thing from beginning to end. Although, since there will not be an extra (third mage) and could possibly be only 6 characters instead of 8, it should make for encounters running very differently. Another thing that will change the encounters is that we will be using the initiative roll to see what order the characters and other creatures and NPCs order of turns are. The first group had a lot of folks that weren't used to playing anything than 3.x, and to ease them into 2E, initiative and how spells were learned & relearned was altered so as to not overwhelm the players. The second group won't have any issue with the 2E system.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    um, maybe it's just a long time for me, but isn't initiative the same in 2e or 3e? you roll, and take your turn in the resulting sequence?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12