Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road to Revolution

Downloads
    Uploads

Road to Revolution

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Just about to start a new D&D3.5 campaign and whilst looking around for an adventure path type setting that none of us have played/run already I came across Road to Revolution by 0one Games which seems to fit the bill.

So I was wondering if anybody had any feedback regards running or playing it or advice on strengths or weaknesses.

Or comments on supplementary material (there is a settings book and some other urban adventure stuff from 0one that appears optional - but how optional?)

Any comments, suggestions and/or opinions welcome

Oh and don't be worried about spoilers - I'm running it and my players don't visit

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    never seen it, i'm afraid. give some details, and i can make up feedback. ^^ not quite what you were looking for.....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries - I've asked on a few boards and your response seems to sum up the collective knowledge quite nicely!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, at least it will meet your "no one has played it" criteria, if not the advice part. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, there is that :-D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you want traps or twists, i'm happy to lend some interesting thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just wondering how others had found the series linked together. On just reading them the the links and backplot seem, how can I put this, a bit forced or tenuous and seem to rely on a lot of setting based info. As individual adventures / hooks they seem fine and I can always drop them in any urban environment, my suspicion is that actually that's all they are. So I was really looking for any comment from someone who had run or played them, but it appears that no-one has :-D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i tend to start with an adventure module, but then it takes off on me and runs rampant. oh, and the pcs will do at least three unexpected things on top of my own oooh-how-cool-would-it-be-ifs. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutley - I'd be disappointed if the PCs hadn't picked up and run with at least one of the balls I leave lying around but having a central core of a module or AP is very useful. Acts as a focal point and lodestone around which the Players can create their own Awesome

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    had a bit of run rampant happen to me recently. my oh-noes-not-everyone-showed-pickup campaign was pretty lackadaisical until i suddenly started getting these ideas.... now i have bits and pieces of four or five different modules scattered through a campaign which will push them past epic... and pit them against some serious mojo from all sides of the alignment fence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL indeed that's what usually happens IMO.

My main problem is that I have a couple of players who have literally run, read or played just about every published module written between them, this makes it hard work to blend published material. Really thought I'd found something with RtR but I'm not sure the dark/gritty urban vibe is really what my guys want although I am thinking of adding them (or elements thereof) into a Saltmarsh-Savage Tide-Freeport-Slavers melange based out of a seedy port city...

We'll see what the New Year brings

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I've done to combat the "I-gotta-read-every-module-on-the-market" folks is to start them on a VERY easily found module (that I KNOW they've read!!), and then totally change the end. The BBEG in the final encounter is supposed to be an elven warlock? Nope, now a human vampire. Supposed to be a dragon? Now an elemental of a different type (fire/ice, etc). I absolutely LOVE to hear the, "But THAT'S not supposed to be there!!" from the players. Should they survive, we have a talk about metagaming - and THEN they find the "I.O.U" in their pouch for the local sage for the (bad) intelligence they used to fight the nonexistent enemy. It only takes once before they stop anticipating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that's a reasonable response if it works for you.

Unfortunately we've sort of already done that as well - the three core members of my group have all been playing/DMing since 1978 and you burn through a lot of published material in that time. The sad thing is that back when we had all the time in the world and could have written new adventures easily we were lazy kids and didn't, now that we have busy adult lives with jobs and stuff we don't have that time but we've already burnt the resource.

It's one thing to change the details of an encounter it's another to change the basic precepts of an adventure path - you might as well write your own, it'd be less work.

But here's the thing - it's not that any of us won't play an adventure we've played before (heck our previous campaign was a 2ed ToEE, for what the fourth time, and before that we returned to Haranshire for a 2ed Night Below reprise) but rather that it's getting difficult to generate the enthusiasm for such.

I was originally planning on running Shackled City (on the basis that it's been a while) but the overwhelming response was "done that can we do something new?" And there's the rub finding something "new" is proving very tricky, so I'm all ears...anyone got any suggestions for good quality campaign arc material that is perhaps slightly off the beaten track so there's a chance we haven't played/run it before?

I'd be seriously interested in suggestions.
    Last edited by Zippee; 12-07-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read published adventures for ideas. I seldom if ever use one "out of the box"

First the intro and location have be adapted to my world. Next any thing i nthe modual that I don't like has ot change. Yea, I usually end up changing them to something the author would not recognise.

I tend to roll my own. Greek refugees are about to hit their city from the recent volcanic detonation. Tramp steamers overloaded with the hungry the sick, and the dying. They have plague among them it's a low cleric setting. North city will of course shove the lot on the south city.

Within the year the sea people raids will start.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cut and paste, mix and match. invert here and there. it'll work. and then just make up the rest. the party will make a hash of it anyway. ne?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast