Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Thinking about running a Pathfinder game...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thinking about running a Pathfinder game...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I've been thinking about running a Pathfinder game. I'd be using the main Pathfinder rules, but set in a homebrew campaign world. I just wanted to get an idea to see how many people would want to play. I'd probably cap it at 6. Also, I recently lost all my files on my setting (>.<) so I'll need some time to write all the fluff and stuff up again, so at best it probably wouldn't begin for a few weeks.

I'm a pretty laid back DM. The only restrictions are keeping to Pathfinder books. I don't like mixing Pathfinder with 3.x books. Usually though if there's something a player wants to do that sounds reasonable, I'll work with them to do it.

Also, if you're the kind of person who thinks the main goal of D&D is to use every feat from every obscure source book and stack 5 different classes with no real theme or personality in order to be overpowered, save us all some time and stay away.

Anyway, just wanted to get an idea as to if anyone was interested. It would start at level 3 (I hate level 1, as I'm sure most of you do). Send me a message or respond if interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may be interested...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... I think I might be interested. Hit me up and let me know as more details become available. I've been playing 3.5 for years, and just my current group just hasn't made the switch to PF yet - but I'd love to give it a shot. This might be just the opportunity I've been looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested, but this whole site seems sort of dead, are there really 6 players out there for this campaign?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am assuming you are thinking to play online or PbP?
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me as interested!
    You've never DMed until you've had a dwarf wield a door.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good; count me as interested and let me know when you get things together. Looking for any classes in particular?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You've never DMed until you've had a dwarf wield a door.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested if this is still going down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me and a friend are interested It'd be her first game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer78 View Post
    Also, if you're the kind of person who thinks the main goal of D&D is to use every feat from every obscure source book and stack 5 different classes with no real theme or personality in order to be overpowered, save us all some time and stay away.
    hey, some of us require every obscure sourcebook and a patchwork mix of many classes and prestige and feats with a very concrete theme and well-developed personality because of the simple fact that there are some concepts just not supported by existing material.

so there. =P

(oh, and for the record, almost all of my complex builds are underpowered when compared to nearly any character of the same level that took only one or two classes and/or prestige. in order to achieve the concept, i usually have to sacrifice the logical, more powerful options for requirement satisfying options which do not mesh well.)
    ^^
    Last edited by nijineko; 11-25-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive