Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone Help me?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone Help me?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm new to playing D&D 3.5, I've picked up on a lot of the game and such but, my friend is a "Master" at it. Hes talking about making a divine/arcane caster with the ability to cast lvl 9 spells of both side by level 15/16. Can someone help me to understand how that is possible. I spent three days going through manuals trying to see how to increase my ability to caste higher level divine spells. We're starting a new campaign friday and I am playing a cleric. The dm said hes only planing to play to level 15, so I was wanting to be able to cast higher level spells sooner. I'd appreciate it if someone can help me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    using the ur-priest prestige comes to mind...

sounds like the dm might either be using early entry methods or some other unique method to boost access.

the earliest i've seen a 9th level casting is via scrolls and a 7th level character. by a literal interpretation of the rules cited, it is technically legal, even. ^^

do you know anything about the build? classes, prestige, feats or anything?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really know to much about what hes planning, Knowing him it's going to ridicules. What I'm looking for is a way to be able to cast at least 1 level 9 spell before lv 15. The cleric I'm going to play will pretty much be a weathermancer. Meaning I can control the weather and such. I know my friend to do what hes planning will involve a hella lot of muticlassing/prestige stuff.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mystic theurge? 3 levels of cleric then 3 levels of wizard to advance both classes. so 15-6 would be 9 but not 9th level spells as you dont get those till level 17.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 10-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    casting a ninth is a little difficult before 15... maybe an early entry trick into ur-priest would do it, as that prestige grants casting of 9s all by itself.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've come to a point that I do need some help understanding, I was looking at a prestige class, "Ultimate Magus" I've noticed that in multiple classes and Now I want to make sure I understand this. The "+1 level of existing arcane spell caster class" I know thats not the entry on Magus but, What all does that +1 level increase, Does that actually allow you to caste Higher level spells as in the Spells per a day chart as say with wizard? Example, if wizard has access to 3 level spells at level 4, and he gains a +1 existing level from a prestige, does that give him the access to the spells at level 7, which would be level 4?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko
    q25what are the various methods, dubious or not, of achieving dual 9s (arcane/divine) at or before 15-16th level?

(actually, i'd be interested in any dual combo, including psionics... thanks.)
    bump
    BEFORE level 15/16 is... tricky. Basically, you'd need early entry into Nar Demonbinder and Ur-Priest (both offer their own spell progressions, so you can use them as a base and go into Mystic Theurge with a little trickery such as Eldritch Corruption, Sanctum Spell to qualify for MT earlier). It should be doable by around level 4 (though I'm not up to snuff on the prereqs of Nar Demonbinder so don't take my word for it.
    here is a method, suggested by one more familiar than i....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your DM is willing to let another player use broken prestige classes, he should also be willing to let you make up a broken class. If your DM is fine with letting one PC be more powerful than the rest, then you might need to pull him to the side and have a chat about fairness.