Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Solo D&D

Downloads
    Uploads

Solo D&D

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Any one know if there are rules fore solo adventures for 4e? Due to my work schedule it has been hard to get in a regular game in.

Vulture the Great

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I worked on something like this previously while looking through old Advanced Hero Quest stuff. It didn't get very far though but if you were to come across a PDF of the old rule books you could do something similar.
    You've never DMed until you've had a dwarf wield a door.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In over 30 years of D&D, I have found that solo gaming is a whole lot like masturbation - without actually touching yourself. You get the hint that something should be happening, but that's about it... and it's frustrating the entire time. It was the same complaint I had about those old, "Endless Quest" books where you would read an entry and have a choice to go to 72A or 146B afterward.

I wold recommend trying Play By Post or E-mail before you did anything solo. At least you have someone else involved...

BUT - you may be able to get more out of it than I ever did. Good luck!!

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
    .... without actually touching yourself....
    Unless you really want too.

Really though, I have played several solo adventures. And I did that using my players characters to see what they could and couldn't handle. It was in my first year or so of D&D and it helped me get my edge.

But I don't see the point in looking for a solo adventure pdf. It's not like there will be an element of surprise or anything for your character, so why not just write one up yourself?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, i have played through the red box adventures. i was thinking of taking ny dungeon tiles and making some kind of random encounters table as to what would be in each room, monster, treasure or both.

Vulture the Great

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, get the advanced hero quest rulebook, you can do what you're looking for using that. Or generate your own tables and rules.
    You've never DMed until you've had a dwarf wield a door.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, maybe it is because of playing chess versus myself, and holding multiple virtual personalities in my head simultaneously, but i'm used to playing against a splinter personality of myself. however, in rp, i've only ever done arena or closed scenario type setups where i'm testing a character against various opponents in order to gain "actual" combat and personality data for use in stories or game sessions. the effect is much like brainstorming by a canyon with an echo, except it doesn't repeat what you say. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    except it doesn't repeat what you say. ^^
    Nice.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vulture, there's one Solo 4E adventure. If you're interested I'll try to dig up the PDF. I used it for a one-on-one and it was fun. There's also a section in the DMG about an impromptu dungeon. I think playing online would be more fun. Good luck.
    Never make the DM chip in for the pizza!