Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: "highlander" - the movie as a campaign

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

"highlander" - the movie as a campaign

Has anyone used the Highlander movie as the basis of their campaign?

Were all the players immortal, or just a few?

How did you wrap-up or end the campaign?

Did you make the players fight to the last PC because there can only be one?

Did the player's have fun?

Any suggestions or links to Highlander RPG threads or posts would be much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What part of the series do you plan to model your game after? As an alien exiled to Earth from Zeist, I may not be able to speak at liberty...

This series is a great example how to completely destroy an incredible idea. Almost like letting Lucas go back and destroy the past!
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is Zeist? (ha, ha, ha) Sorry no exiled aliens in this version.

No I was thinking of only using the original idea of there can only be one.

The idea was that all or most of the party members were Immortals. They would be a group of Immortals that had banded together for self-preservation. The party would go on adventures like a normal group of adventurers does, but periodically duels will pop up with other Immortals. There would be a group that is looking to kill all Immortals, as well as duels with other Immortals looking to become the one.

My hope is to wrap up the campaign with the party members having to fight each other to become the one and only Immortal.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, that would suck to me. I go through a whole campaign only to have fight the people I have fought with and defended? Yea, real downer.

There can only be us. My companions I propose to you that we defy the will of what ever capricious gods have declared us their toys and entertainment. No one here has asked for this. No one was offered consent or refusal. No being has come down and explained exactly what this "gift" is or why we must fight for it. I'll tell you the gift, you get to live til the end of the Earth with no one you can relate to. Without contemporaries. Each of iu is a person out of time, each has outlived the culture that birthed us, we are without family, without peers, except for each other. What cruel being has decreed that we must fight to the last, to kill the very people we have the best chances of keeping as friends? Stand with me against this cruel fate. The un-named promise of a gift is not worth the gelt. Let us defend each other until there is nothing we must defend against. If the being that set up the game wishes an end, that being can come forth and explain, and give us a chance to end it as well.

Yea, I'm an iconoclast.
    Last edited by tesral; 09-24-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    now that would be a fun version of the game.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately in the world of Immortals there can only be one. So even the best of friends and allies must decide who will be the one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do they really? What forces it? If the lot sit on their hands and refuse to fight each other, what forces the issue? My little call to a lack of arms above is exactly the truth.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *chirping crickets*
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also like to point out that fact that in the movie, all immortal duels had to be one on one, that would make for a very boring dnd battle, to me at least, it takes the strategy out of it.