Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 3.5E
Style: Not Specified
Game Location City: Augusta
State: GA
Zip Code / Postal Code: 30907
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Any Software
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Any Software)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to play some D&D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi.. I am running a Skype/OpenRPG game Sunday mornings 9am PST that goes until at least 2pm.. It is 2e d&d.. It is a series of short adventures a lot of older modules that I have always wanted to try.. The games should all only be 3-4 sessions.. Right now we are in the middle of Tomb of Horrors (the original) and it is going great.. I need at least 1 more player maybe even two.. we are already talking about characters in the next game that should start in 2 weeks or so. Send me an email or find me on skype, here is my info along with a link to the forum my game is hosted in

Email: robert.ekorn@yahoo.com
    Forum: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/forum/3009176/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figure instead of starting a new thread conveying the same information that i'd just post in this one again. i've been away for a while, but i am again looking to play some D&D 3.5 online, or pathfinder if you can tolerate the learning curve for me to pick it up. playing in forgotten realms would be a plus also. if anyone can take on another player then by all means send me a message or reply to this thread. i'm very much wanting to play.
    drVis

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you just can't catch a break.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but within the past few months, I've come to understand the online situation. It seems that there are a large number of willing and interested players, yet there are much fewer DM/GM/ST's than could accommodate them all. Getting into a game is often difficult, and finding a decent game with a competent GM is often a stroke of luck.

In economics, this would be represented by a very large demand, but minimal supply. Had I the time, I would run games every night, and sometimes two in one day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    aye, you are correct. there is certainly a lack of DMs in general who are willing to run an online game. i, at least, have a tough time finding them that's for sure. who knows, maybe i'll get a lucky break on account of my birthday being in two days, heh. that'd make a pretty rad present.
    drVis

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, maybe it is fate that i should encounter this post. I had begun to run a game online, but had to stop due to family issues. I have had a hard time finding people in my area that were reliable enough to continue my game and now maybe I should pick it up again. I have a skype account and set up for mic/camera. However, I haven't had the time to look into maptools seriously, and am retarded when it comes to such computer programs, so at first we would be limited to skype. If interested, I can post for more players and work on the game until we get a solid group to give it a go. It would be 3.5 with my own twist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i'm certainly interested. i'm guessing that the campaign would be started from the beginning...i too have skype with mic & cam, so that solves our basic means of communication. i've not used any sort of virtual tabletop software extensively, though i've seen videos and messed around with some a little bit a while ago. i definitely think that in the long run it would behoove us to use something beyond chat software to both facilitate and enrich online play. we'll at least need a place to store character sheets. the name of the site i've used it the past eludes me, but it's just a google query away. a dice roller, too. at any rate, i don't want to get too ahead of myself, but definitely do what you can to acquire more players. i live in georgia, which is EST. evenings(after 6/7 pm) i think would likely be best for me. i could probably commit myself to playing until maybe midnite, my time, so five or six hours per session. i can adjust these parameters as needed also, i'm just kind of throwing out tentative numbers. you can always send me a private msg on here if you don't want to have to post in this thread and whatnot. i look forward to getting a group together and playing again. it's been a while.
    drVis

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested in this game. I currently have games on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons. The rest of the week is free for now. I've been playing D&D on and off when I can find stable groups for more than a decade. Broke my teeth on 2.0, experience in other systems. I love roleplaying and can be very imaginative, but I know how to tone it back to fit in with other people in the party, too.

Send me a PM with your Skype info, appleseed and daervis, so's we can talk about it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shadovar View Post
    Thing of note I much prefer pathfinder and it takes little to nothing to adapt from 3.5 to it as it is simply a upgraded version( their website is www.D20pfsrd.com) If your interested send me a message.
    that is not quite correct. the actual pathfinder srd is here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

the one you cited is a third party resource that contains the prd but also adds other open source material which is not in the prd.

i'm not willing to commit to dm'ing or playing in a weekly game yet until i see how things settle out after a few weeks or so. though i am keeping my eyes open.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12