Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Shiruken

Downloads
    Uploads

Shiruken

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    How many shiruken can be thrown at once?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think you mean shuriken. and it is one per attack. back in 3.0, it allowed for up to three per attack, with no str bonus iirc.

but in 3.5+ it was reduced to one per attack, however you now gain str bonus to damage.

but see enchanting shuriken threads (and crossbow bolts) for useful tricks.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I knew I remembered it from somewhere but couldn't find it in a book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shuriken are thrown one per attack, so with a higher BAB you can throw more. You can also throw more if you use the two weapon fighting and throw extra from your off hand. Monks can throw extra shuriken using their flurry of blows class feature.

I think shiruken are oriental themed Smurf-like creatures that can be thrown using the optional dwarf tossing rules in Ultimate Combat...
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    combining rapid shot with flurry grants a total of three extra shots. supposedly, taking the master thrower prestige and using double toss class feature allows you to chuck two shuriken per attack. combine with something with full bab for at least 4-5 levels and you will get a fourth attack around 20th level or so which will also up your flurry attacks by one.

the two weapon fighting chain will also add the ability to use extra shuriken with your off hand. if you can somehow take the full tree, then you will get three extra off hand attacks. if you read the srd feat text and the two-weapon fighting special attack text, nothing precludes you using ranged or thrown weapons, in fact, the special attack text specifically mentions it.

combining all of this together, by 20th level, you have 3 attacks from bab, 4 if you took a full bab progression prestige for long enough. this results in 5 flurry attacks in the former case, or 6 flurry attacks in the latter case. add 3 for off hand attacks (and be certain not to use that limb in the flurry... you'll need the quickdraw feat as well, i'm sure) for a total of 8 or 9 attacks. rapid shot will add one more attack for a total of 9 or 10. use the double toss to double the number of shuriken thrown per attack (which is how i think i recall it working... better double check me on that...) for a total of 18 or 20 shuriken chucked per round.

if you really want to uncap it, figure out a way to get extra limbs without too much level adjustment loss, and take the multi-weapon fighting tree instead and up your off hand attacks by 3 per extra limb. and the total thrown by 6 per extra limb. there are magic items, spells, and maybe powers that can pull the extra limb trick too.

^^ take brutal throw feat (feeling feat starved yet?) to get your str to hit with thrown weapons, and boost the heck out of your str. even with the low weapon damage on the shuriken, you should start seeing respectable numbers in to hit and damage.

=D that should be quite enough to get one started with.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive