Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nanowrimo 2011

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nanowrimo 2011

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    It's almost that time of year again! Who all is going to attempt 50,000 words in 30 days??
    If you are planning on participating do you have any ideas yet?

I'm spending this week preparing and getting everything ready to start writing!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be a part of it.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a feeling you would Sir Arch Lich! Any idea what you'll be writing about? I'm going to tackle some zombies this year.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be following along at least. If I do write something, it's going to be space opera.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    I had a feeling you would Sir Arch Lich! Any idea what you'll be writing about? I'm going to tackle some zombies this year.
    I have yet to decide... perhaps a scifi. It's always a last minute decision with me.

How about you? Any details you want to share about your zombie story? Will it be in a fantasy or scifi setting, and/or taking place on the Earth of today?

Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll probably participate, but I'm 2 for 10, and I've no strong idea. My current notions are a do-over of Cowboys and Aliens, and fiction based on my never-run "Days of Judgement" campaign in which a failing mining town in the Old West has to cope with folks rising from the dead ... and vice versa.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    I'll probably participate, but I'm 2 for 10, and I've no strong idea. My current notions are a do-over of Cowboys and Aliens, and fiction based on my never-run "Days of Judgement" campaign in which a failing mining town in the Old West has to cope with folks rising from the dead ... and vice versa.
    I typically have no idea what I'm going to write about till i let my fingers begin typing. It's kinda like automatic writing, except that you're allowing your own subconscious to work your fingers. What's great about this/my method is that it's literally like reading a novel for the first time while writing. I'm hoping that last line makes sense.

Thoths two coppers, if that.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be in modern Earth. I haven't read much zombie stuff but I was having trouble coming up with a cause. In the end I'm going with something to do with some sort of anti-aging procedure. In which it revitalizes/revives dying cells. Of course this goes haywire and causes dead cells to come back, thus giving us the zombie. Not sure if this has been done and to what extent but I like it so far.

The main character is a 12 year old boy. Lives on a rural farm with his family. Not too far outside of St. Louis.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    About the only books I've read with zombies in them are the Warhammer novels. The book I mentioned (above) will be the first zombie novel I've ever read. Okay, that being said, your idea sounds like a good one and you should go with it, Thriondel. In fact, I believe the idea is not only a good one, but an original one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. I've got some good ideas down on paper. Can't wait til the 1st!

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thriondel,

How 'bout we put our word count up on this particular thread on a daily basis as a motivator for others? I know it would kick me in the arse on my blah days.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 10-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a great idea! I was thinking of ways to keep each other updated and motivated. And I know I could definitely use the extra motivating kick in the arse. I'm a professional procrastinator.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, I 'm also a name-level procrastinator. It took years of experience to get there, but I'm proud (okay, maybe not so much) to say that my levels in the "procrastinator class" are in the double digits.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 10-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And it has begun! Happy writing!

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is the day!

Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 11-01-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast