Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: My NEW SW Saga Campaign!

Downloads
    Uploads

My NEW SW Saga Campaign!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So my old campaign fell by the wayside so I have begun a new one with the same players, here is the premise.

This will be a campaign that spans from the start of the Clone Wars all the way to the destruction of the first Death Star or the capture of the second Death Star plans (haven't decided yet).

Another "revolutionary" thing I am doing for this campaign is writing it in Episodes, like the films. I will write an entire campaign, then we will play through it, then take a month off so I may write the next campaign, and so on. So far so good!

So far the players, a clone trooper, a human Jedi, a protocol droid, and a human scoundrel, are all part of a special unit put together by the Jedi Council and the Supreme Chancellor.

They finished their first campaign, ending a collaboration between the Separatists and the Zygerrian Slavers.

More updates to come as the game progresses!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds very interesting! Please do keep us updated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    How is this campaign going? If you are still playing it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is going quite well! Ran into lots of scheduling issues, this semester is eating all my time. However, the synopsis is as follows...

Just about to wrap up Episode II The Fading Light of the Jedi

After the defeat of the Zygerrians the PCs found themselves outnumbered and their troops literally with their back up against a cliff wall and Separatists troops regrouping to finish them off. They were given the task of attack several key locations that the Seps held that laid between the opposing forces on a think jungle planet called Muzzar. They were given a list of target locations, a time frame (they had to travel on foot) and they had to decide for themselves what would be the most strategic positions to eliminate to help even the odds and slow the advance of the enemy. After several encounters at droid bunkers, gun emplacements, and elite scouts, they cleared enough of a path to allow the Republic to hold out until their evac troops arrived, and they fled the system.

Some time later, as the Republic finds itself spread thin, the order was given to put the PCs in command of an old Acclamator-class cruiser and a small compliment of fighters. They were to stay in the rear of the forces to cover any potential retreat during the launch of this invasion. A Separatist frigate broke from the main battle and engaged their forces, they fought an intense battle, but managed to destroy may droid starfighters and seemed to break their forces and repelled their bombers from getting through to their captial ship. But as the Seps frigate lurched closer and closer as their fighters duked it out, the Seps were able to creep up and launch more bombers at close range! However, the PCs were able to rally and destroy the most of the bombers, but now that the two capital ships were slugging it out it looked as if their ship, The Rancor, would not survive this battle. However, a Venerator-class frigate arrived in the nick of time and their combined effort destroyed the Seps frigate. Yet, elsewhere in the invasion, they lost their commanding General, Master Elasra. The invasion was a success and the Republic eventually secured the system.

Some time later, and currently, they find themselves on a hot and arid world, leading their army into battle once again! With battalions of clones on their side, limited artillery, and facing down thousands of droids, out-manned and out-gunned, they are attempting to break through the forces of the Seps!

So this Episode (campaign) has focused on the war side and the mass battles of the Clone Wars. So far so good!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I was a part of that campaign. Sounds great! Keep us up to date, Inquisitor Tremayne.

About as close as I ever got to playing Star Wars was with the Traveller system, CT in fact.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it just so happens that we are looking for another player! PM me if interested!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good time. Well done, Tremayne.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Episode III has Begun!

After successfully breaking through the lines of the Separatists on the barren world, the heroes find themselves reassigned to a different sector of the Mid Rim. Here the order from the Supreme Chancellor comes down that he wants information retrieved from a Separatist outpost in orbit around a gas giant. They are to fight their way on board, steal the information and withdraw. However, the Jedi Council has added other orders, rescue any prisoners that may be on board as well, it is suspected that there might be a couple of high profile prisoners at the outpost, no hint as to who they might be though. Also, their Admiral suggests that it might be best to destroy the station as well. Their orders now are to retrieve the information, rescue prisoners, and destroy the station. To help in this endeavor, ARC Trooper 5555 or Fives has volunteered his services and will be accompanying them along with a small squad of clones.
    After examining the situation the PCs set off in an old freighter. The attempt to approach the outpost from the far side of the gas giant and use the ionization of the planet to hide their approach. It works for a short time but the outposts turbolaser defenses open fire as soon as they are in range. Through the successful use of their combined skills (skill challenge) they manage to fly their way full speed into the hangar of the outpost. However, not without casualties, their squad of clone troopers was killed due to the couple of turbolaser blasts that hit the ship.
    Battle droids began pouring into the hangar but half of them were quickly dispatched by CT-3113, Tin Can (a PC). Artus maneuvered their freighter into firing range and opened fire on some of the other droids. Just when they thought they had the droids on the run a dark figure emerged from a storage bay and jumped on top of their ship. Thinking quickly Jedi Dol used Move Object on him and has maintained his hold on him. Yet the dark sider is more powerful that suspected and has thus still been able to deflect all incoming blaster fire. And in a strange twist, the dark sider has used move object against Dol also!
    To make matter even more complicated a Vulture droid starfighter in walker mode has dropped from the ceiling and begun its attack while the rest of the battle droids take up positions around the hangar!

Will the PCs come out victorious? Find out in 2 weeks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow it's been almost a year. How did the rest of the campaign go? Or is it still ongoing?