Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
RIFTS Campaign Online - Chi-Town 'Burbs - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Post Apocalyptic
System Used: RIFTS
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 3
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Biweekly
Days of Week: Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Palladium Games Chat Room
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game
(Palladium Games Chat Room)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIFTS Campaign Online - Chi-Town 'Burbs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Okay modified my character a little.
    IQ 16, MA 8, ME 8, PS 10, PP 12, PE 8, PB 9, Spd 13
    OCC Skills
    Cryptography, Electronic Countermeasures, Surveilance, Prowl, Computer Programming, Computer Hacking, Find Contraband, Roadwise, Concealment, ID Undercover Agent
    Secondary Skills
    Radio Basic, Basic Electronics, Photography, Research, Climbing, First Aid, Athletics General.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If everyone is pretty much ready to go, we can arrange for the first game on August 5th 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6).

As a reminder, I'll be available this Friday from 12:00 to 14:00 in the Palladium Chat room. If you need to arrange another time to hash out the final details for your character, PM me your availability and we'll make arrangements. After that I will set up a thread either here or at Forums of the Megaverse solely for everyone to post their character sheets. I have a character sheet format I'd like everyone to use that I will be emailing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalkrr View Post
    If everyone is pretty much ready to go, we can arrange for the first game on August 5th 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6).
    I should be ready, I just have to roll stats and such, which brings me to...

As a reminder, I'll be available this Friday from 12:00 to 14:00 in the Palladium Chat room.
    I'll be on at the same time to roll stats and flesh out all the other stuff I have to roll for, like my HP/SDC and my save vs. magic (yeah, it's a 1D4). I'll be on there as "No-Neck Mauler"

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I said, the sheet you sent is really too hard to fill out with ease. Can I use the one I have made out already?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do need a bit of clarification since the wording is a bit shotty. It occurs on page 155 and relates to equipment.

"[...] One weapon for every W.P. plus 1D6+1 E-Clips, [...]"

Okay, so is it a total of 1D6+1 E-Clips or is it 1D6+1 E-Clips per weapon? I bring this up since I have a weapon that doesn't use E-Clips, but drum-style magazine, so would I roll 1D6+1 for the amount of magazines or would I roll some other variable, like 1D4? I already checked the Palladium site and there's no explanation. I apologize if it seems like I'm over-analyzing.
    Last edited by underclocked; 07-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested in joining I can easily make up a character real quick. I would be interested in playing a caster type if no one has filled that spot yet. Just give me the heads up and I will get into contact with the players so we can communitcate on what we need.I have every rifts book made either in hardcopy or thru PDF.Will be looking forward to your reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay so I will see underclocked tomorrow for stat rolling. Anyone else who needs to roll other details please join the chat tomorrow or email me some times you would be available to do so otherwise (remember to convert to GMT for different time zones).

DarkMaiden has sent me a really nice pdf form-fillable sheet which I really like. I will email it out to the group. I think it will probably be better to use than Word document one I have. Apologies to those of you who have already begun filling out the Word document but I like all players to use the same sheet and I think the one DarkMaiden sent me is one of the best I've ever seen.

Underclocked as for the ammo, if the weapon doesn't use e-clips, you get to start with one standard load of ammo for whatever type of weapon it is. If it is a double-barreled shot-gun, you'd get two shells. If it is a six-shooter/revolver, you'd get six bullets. If it was a desert eagle .357, you'd get nine bullets. Etc.

Xannatose, I have sent you a PM. Please reply to it with your email. Currently the party has two City Rats and a Psi-Stalker. As this is initially supposed to be a low-powered campaign, the only Practitioners of Magic O.C.C. allowed at this point in time is the Mystic. If you wanted to eventually multiclass into a more powerful Practitioners of Magic O.C.C., choosing the Mystic would be your best option since it would involve fewer multiclassing penalties. If you are available tomorrow, Friday, July 29, from 12:00 to 14:00 CST (GMT -6), I will be available on the Palladium Books Chatroom to discuss characters and roll stats and other miscellaneous stuff (note you need to be logged in with a Forums of the Megaverse screen name to access the chatroom; accounts are free and easy to acquire). Otherwise email or PM me your availability and we can work out a time to roll stuff.

Incidentally, this brings up something DarkMaiden might want to consider. DarkMaiden, since you are planning to try to get M.O.M. conversion and become a Crazy, you will require double experience points to level as a Crazy from that point since you started out in the Adventurers and Scholars category. With that in mind, you might want to consider starting as a Merc Soldier so that you are a Man at Arms from the start and don't suffer an experience point penalty for switching to a different O.C.C. category.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are headhunters a possibility? When you say low-powered I would expect the merc soldier and the headhunter to be the 2 best low-powered fighter types. Just give me a heads up on if the headhunter is acceptable. If not please give me a list of the playable O.C.C's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Incidentally, this brings up something DarkMaiden might want to consider. DarkMaiden, since you are planning to try to get M.O.M. conversion and become a Crazy, you will require double experience points to level as a Crazy from that point since you started out in the Adventurers and Scholars category. With that in mind, you might want to consider starting as a Merc Soldier so that you are a Man at Arms from the start and don't suffer an experience point penalty for switching to a different O.C.C. category.
    And now you bring this up????? LMAO

Ah, I'll live with any xp issues. Going away from my concept would ruin the flavor of the character, and who knows, as time goes on, she might not even go in that direction. Situations in the game might lead her to a totally differnt direction, hell she might never stop being just a crazy City Rat.

Who knows what the future holds. *Looks all wise and stuff*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Headhunters are not allowed for starting O.C.C.s. See the OP of this thread for a list of allowed O.C.C.s. The only Man at Arms O.C.C. allowed is the Merc Soldier.

Yeah, sorry Dark Maiden, it slipped my mind when you first brought up the Crazy O.C.C. since it had been a while since I had read the rules for Multiple O.C.C.s. I just reviewed them a few days ago and realized that so I at least wanted to give you fair warning. Of course, given the atmosphere I hope to create with this campaign, it would probably be quite appropriate for an XP penalty anyway if you do eventually decide to go that route since you will get a significant boost in power. However, you could still play much the same character as a Merc Soldier. Your character would probably just be a little older and have a slightly different skill list, but Merc Soldiers are very versatile when it comes to skills since they have a lot of specialties to choose from. You can stay as a City Rat of course. I just wanted to inform you of the effect for future reference. I made sure to allow at least one O.C.C. from every category for those who are planning to learn a new O.C.C. at a later time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, here's the link for my character sheet:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...mMDQy&hl=en_US

Downloads
    Uploads
    After seeing which O.C.C's you can pick on the first page ill be writing up a mind melter psychic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that will present you with some very interesting challenges for this campaign. Your character will wield incredible power but be incredibly vulnerable in the 'Burbs to CS Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys. First of all, we'll need to come up with an explanation for how your character made it into the 'Burbs in the first place and why your character wants to stay. Perhaps your character is young and grew up in the 'Burbs, but the character's psychic power was latent until just recently. Perhaps your character is a refugee from Tolkeen who has come to the 'Burbs to join a Retribution Squad. These are just some ideas. Feel free to come up with one yourself.

Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. The Mind Melter is a powerful class but easily detected by Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys, and Mind Melters are not welcome in the CS, not even the 'Burbs. So your character will have to keep a very low profile and keep psychic power use in check much of the time since it is like sending out a single flare to the CS letting them know a powerful (unwanted) psychic is nearby. It could be a very rewarding roleplay challenge though. I am very much liking the interesting possibilities it presents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand some of the challenges this O.C.C will present. The race i am interested in choosing would be the changeling. Reading about this race it is said that the splugorth have brought some to rifts earth to be bounty hunters. Being a changeling mind melter is a possibility through the rifts rules and I would only need the o.k from you. I think it would help me out alot being in the burbs having the ability to change my physical looks as well as being able to change my aura that psychics detect. If you give me the thumbs up I already have a very good background story for this character.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys wouldn't happen to need another Pc in your party would ya?
    Haven't gamed Rifts in about a year,it's my fav and i dig the campaign out line.
    Tried to get my own game going but that didn't work so i'm back at step one,would you all like to take in a cat the stray?
    Last edited by QuixoticTheKid; 07-30-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast