Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: System or games with ideas to help a homebrew game

Downloads
    Uploads

System or games with ideas to help a homebrew game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So i'm looking to create a homebrew campaign that will be a near-future with some post-apocalyptic stuff in it and i'm looking for a system or other game that I could convert or borrow ideas from. I'm hoping to keep this pretty realistic and am really looking for something that has detailed damage for hit locations, limps, torso, head, etc... So far from what i've looked at, i like the rules for all flesh must be eaten (well the unisystem in general) as it seems simple enough to use, however i haven't seen anything as far as a good damage system from it. Also, going into the post-apocalyptic part, does any game have good rules for mutations or cyber parts at all? Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go with GURPS, it may require more than the two core books but they have everything you need. If you like AFMBE of course they have a all tomorrow zombies and maybe some other books that would be useful
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend Savage Worlds or even the new Atomic Highway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With Unisystem you can find PDFs for Armegeddon, Terra Primate, and various AFMBE books. You can use the ideas within for mutations and cyberwear. Just steal from Zombie traits, etc.

You can't go wrong with GURPS. More involved than Unisystem, but lots of options, especially in both the damage and mutations/powers/cyberwear departments.
    Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
    Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
    October Northwest

Downloads
    Uploads
    So i like the way savage worlds looks, but is there a difference between the explorer's edition and the deluxe edition of the rulebook?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a rule tweaker so I tend to mix and match systems. I would personally use the Shadowrun cybernetics if that's your thing as it works with almost any system. You just gotta decide how to convert one stat mod to the system you're using.

If you are interested in taking a look at a beta of my game system it should have the level of detail that you are looking for in the damage system. It doesn't have mutations, but you can easily create those and it is mostly compatible with any d20 reference. PM me if you'd like to take a look.
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org