Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Pathfinder Books

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder Books

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Is there a "core book" for the Pathfinder Campaign setting? I've looked on multiple sites but haven't found out!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming you mean this book? I listed a few sites with them being sold.

Paizo: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG

Ebay: http://compare.ebay.com/like/3806466...Types&var=sbar

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listin...-2686574801229

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ore%20rulebook

Game On!
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-11-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have refused pathfinder, as they failed psionics.

and, no, third-party (quality or not), is unacceptable.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure your points, nijineko. Alter the psionic rules to your taste, no problems. Also, not really sure what you mean by 3rd-party material - yes, I know what it means, just not seeing how it applies to Paizo-released/published game material, Paizo Publishing, LLC.

BTW, Always nice to meet another Psionics fan, nijineko.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    Is there a "core book" for the Pathfinder Campaign setting? I've looked on multiple sites but haven't found out!
    If you are referring to the Golarion campaign setting, rather than the PF rule book, then this is probably what you're after:

The Inner Sea World Guide

It's a 320 page hardback book full of Golarion (well, Inner Sea, technically...) goodness. Well worth the asking price, with only a small amount of game mechanics in the back. It's a great read and a worthy campaign book.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon View Post
    Not sure your points, nijineko. Alter the psionic rules to your taste, no problems. Also, not really sure what you mean by 3rd-party material - yes, I know what it means, just not seeing how it applies to Paizo-released/published game material, Paizo Publishing, LLC.

BTW, Always nice to meet another Psionics fan, nijineko.
    ah. ^^ my point was that pathfinder has no psionics at all. and no psionics = no nijineko.

there is a third party source, DSP, which does produce psionics designed to be 3.x/3.p compatible, but as mentioned, are third party.

and, likewise.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, it's interesting to have Psionics, but I (personally) don't see it as a base requirement for a good fantasy game.

I wonder if Paizo have any intention of doing a Psionics book?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrolakos View Post
    If you are referring to the Golarion campaign setting, rather than the PF rule book, then this is probably what you're after:

The Inner Sea World Guide

It's a 320 page hardback book full of Golarion (well, Inner Sea, technically...) goodness. Well worth the asking price, with only a small amount of game mechanics in the back. It's a great read and a worthy campaign book.
    Yes this is the one. I realized after posting that I had already purchased it but misplaced it. Silly me.

Thank you everyone for the input!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrolakos View Post
    Sure, it's interesting to have Psionics, but I (personally) don't see it as a base requirement for a good fantasy game.

I wonder if Paizo have any intention of doing a Psionics book?

i do see it as a requirement for myself, though i have seen it work fine without.

some of my favorite fantasy included psionics.

as far as i know, they have no intention of doing so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing wrong with a bit of mind bending.

It seems strange that Paizo haven't taken the opportunity to release a nice big expensive hardback 'Ultimate Psionics' book. I guess they still have that option. I'd buy it!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    seems they've left it up to dreamscarred press for the nonce.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    seems they've left it up to dreamscarred press for the nonce.
    To quote a certain Spaniard, "I do not think that word means what you think it means".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_%28slang%29

I don't think Dreamscarred Press will be happy, you suggesting that they cater to Nonces*.

(* Just for clarity: Yes, I know you were referring to them being the only source of Pathfinder Psionics for the time being, bit it was too funny to pass up. )

On the very bright side, they do appear to be releasing an "Ultimate Psioncs" book, which I shall add to my list of books to purchase, so thanks for the heads up.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that word, i think it does mean what i think it means (from your link, a quote), "Nonce also means "now" in ordinary English[3] and has other meanings in the terms "nonce word" and "cryptographic nonce"."

^^ but that is a potentially funny and/or risky meaning. thank you for letting me know - i'll be careful around brits and (maybe) aussies. ^^