Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: This Old House

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This Old House

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This week, for whatever reason, I really have no idea what possessed me, I decided to work on some of my houses. Most of them have never been finished, or had something about them that I didn't like and wanted to fix.

The first one I was just going to replace the door (I swear) and that was it. Then I remembered seeing this really cool wizards house (can't remember where though) some guy built and decided to try something similar.

So here is the time-lapse photo showing the build of the new base for the house. The house still needs a lot of work since I decided to redo the roof in addition to the door and the base. Hopefully it won't take me another year to finish it.

I have a few more houses that are nearing completion so I'll post those as well. Though I don't have pictures showing the progression, just the finished product.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a serious foundation on that house, but it looks fantastic though! Nice work!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good! Get possessed to take some more pictures and post them of any other work you've done!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, that is one serious foundation. In fact, I think it may be too much foundation for me little ol' house. So now I'm thinking that I should make something like a windmill to stick on there. At the same time the other half of me is thinking, "oh hell no! don't even think about it". The good thing is that I can stick any building the same size on the thing and remove it really easily. I hadn't intended to make the thing modular, just a happy bonus.

Don't worry Skunkape I'll be posting more stuff as time goes, I've got a LOT more stuff. It's just a matter of taking the time out to take pictures of stuff, instead of working on it. I've also spent most of the weekend trying out new paint schemes for my Dark Sun terrain, and building giant mushrooms. The later being totally unrelated to any of my gaming, it just popped into my head how to build them, so I did a couple before I forgot about it.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Here is another one of my houses, It's not finished either (anyone starting to see a pattern here). I call it the x-mas house because I started building it over the holidays when I got stuck by a snow storm with my in-laws for a week. Also the base is a box of Christmas cookies.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

This is one my older ones also. Never got around to finishing it either. Obviously it needs a door, and some windows would be good. You may be starting to notice that I like blue roofs.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

My first Dark Sun building

It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! I really admire your work what you have done and shown here. Keep posting the images!