Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Play by Post Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So, I've pretty much got my characters backstory covered as well as apperance. Although I still don't have a name for her which is a bit frustrated. Then again the name is one of the most important parts of your character... With regards to rolling for characteristics I find it hard to finish the mechanics of my character until I know exactly what my starting characteristics are... With that in mind I took the liberty of using Invisible castle to roll up my stats. I hope that isn't too presumptious. The character name to find those stats is moonblade and I rolled them today at 1600ish GMT and 07:56am for whatever timezone is default for invisible castle. In any event a link should be provided below.

2d10=7, 2d10=17, 2d10=17, 2d10=12, 2d10=13, 2d10=7, 2d10=3, 2d10=12, 2d10=11

Can't complain really as the majority of the rolls where really quite good with 5 out of the 9 rolls coming in at 12 or above and only 3 being below 11. That said I will be re-rolling my result of a 3 due to it being my 7th roll which determine the characteristic perception... An unperceptive assassin might be surprisingly fun to play but I think it might depress the group :P

The re-roll for perception provided the following;

This is a re-roll for my original score of 3 on the guest account for this characters name. To change perception. (2d10=8) Which quite frankly isn't as good as I was hoping for. Still it is an improvement by a reasonable amount. SO my final characteristics thus far should be looking like this as I will be picking an Imperial world as my starting wold;

WS: 27
    BS: 37
    S: 37
    T: 32
    Ag: 33
    Int: 27
    Per: 28
    WP: 32 (35 including the +3 from Imperial world location)
    Fellowship: 31

So everything is average except BS and S which both come in at Superior and should allow her to provide decent burst damage to the group... yay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dammit, wrote a reply and I guess I clicked off before it went, yes, go with Invisible Castle. You can roll and then copy/paste a link to your character sheet.

Things are looking good so far, but don't get bogged down in achieving perfect tactical harmony. Part of the fun is working through the wrinkles, like blasting the door when you don't have Security or Blathering your way to dinner with the Potentate because you couldn't get that chef to poison his dinner so you have to. Same with names, a name you hate practically makes its own plot points! Think when Indy blasted those Nazis because Henry kept calling him Junior, or when you go hunting down someone who knows your real name. A person from your past come to get you? A target you missed? An employer you stiffed? A significant other who can't believe you left? So no worries, Inquisitress Sovee hasn't put that much thought into your skills, so you shouldn't.

Ezrae, what manner of Psyker are you thinking, because so far it's looking like you all are going to be a small kill team. Easier to plan and adapt on the fly with only three or four, you won't be doing many frontal assaults but you can handle it. Moon and Fletch, post up your preliminary builds so I can start narrowing down missions. Looking good guys! Girls? Screw it, we're online. Looking good folks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In that case I might just use the random generator tables for everything and use that as a skeleton for my backstory instead... Could be really fun to do that actually. Hopefully I will have the preliminary build up tonight .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got signed up for Invis Castle, never used it but looks like other rollers.

I'm writing up my Guardsman right now. I just picked Imperial World, War Zone for planet. I can roll on them if you like, no big deal.

Donikage: When I roll for stats should I roll them in order or put them where I feel best fit.

heres link to rolls
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299626/

Rolls not to bad, but for the two 6's ugh

Wounds

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299722/

Fatepts

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299723

StartingIncome, (I put Monthly Income on roll by accident)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299725/

ImperialDivination (fitting for a guardsman)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299740/
    Last edited by fletch; 12-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, go ahead and put them where you like them. It would suck to be a Guardsman who can't shoot but gets along well with others, like some kind of space hippie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    See above post for added rolls

Oh God no! No space Hippies allowed lol!

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Ok, can we sale starting gear to put the money towards buying different gear?
    Last edited by fletch; 12-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, go ahead and swap. Everyone also add a torch (flashlight) and a microbead to your loadouts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Donikage what is the rate for selling starting gear? 40% of the listed cost in the Armoury? 50%? Would be handy to know...

On a seperate note I am extremely disapointed that they haven't released playable Eldar characters... just looked in Creatures Anathema and I want an Eldar Longrifle :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, go ahead and go full price, you don't get that much stuff to start with. Also, peek like crazy, but remember the difference between your knowledge and your character's knowledge. If you go to the Gunporium asking after an Eldar Longrifle, you may have Deathwatch showing up to stuff you in a locker and steal your lunch money. But yeah, Eldar tech is awesome. I can't wait to receive my copy I just bought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where would you like us to send our completed char sheet? PM you it or post it here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll get our thread up this afternoon and post a link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I've started our PbP group, entitled Dark Heresy: Over Your Dead Body. Join the group and I'll start discussions for Character Posts and Campaign. I find it easiest to do IC and OOC in the same thread, just signal with a new paragraph when you're switching from in character to out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couple of technical difficulties, I'll let y'all know when we're up for real.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, I figured with the holidays coming up it might be going slow.

Downloads
    Uploads

this still happening?

hey guys trending to the post im a little late...newbie to play by post but Id love to run a scum!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast