Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Play by Post Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking For Play by Post Dark Heresy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello,

Me and a friend are looking for a Play by Post Dark Heresy. We are new to Dark Heresy, but not new to roll playing. Past games are 40k, D&D, AD&D, Car Wars, Star Frontiers. Looking for a beginner game and willing to play any type of Char that are needed, but would like to play pysker and a Guardsman. Can post multi-times a day .

Thanks,
    fletch

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new to play by post but I've played Dark heresy several times and would love to play with you guys. If need be I could try being a GM since I understand the system fairly well, though fair warning I've never been a GM before in my life.

Well, if you guys are still on board for it I like playing as a priest! (It gives me some wonderful chances to shout insane things.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing like 6 months to set a post on fire, but if you folks still check this, I'm in too. I've GM'ed before if nobody steps up, otherwise I'd love to play a PC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, this is obviously a late post to this thread however if we can get enough people up I am definitely game. I have plenty of RP'ing experience but not in Dark Heresy. That said I would happily fill a PC slot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey All,

Wow, this is an old posting I post awhile back! I'm still in to play and so is my friend. So, let me know if we want to get a game started.

fletch

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is hilarious/awesome, I never thought this might happen. I'm still in and I can GM. I'm still working out the kinks, so PM's with constructive criticism will be welcome, but who else is in? Fletch and Co, Moon, Kamp? I think 4 is a good number, I may supplement with an NPC to fill any voids of required but boring skills (drivers, pilots, investigators) but PC's always take precedence. Before I start getting too detailed, is anyone else in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In reply to your PM I am without a doubt in. Although I feel obliged to let people know that I may be called up for my Initial Officer training in either February or May. Unfortunately I don't know the date when that will happen. For the first few months of Initial officer training I am unlikely to have the time and/or internet access to be able to post reliably.

Once I earn the rights to go into Dartmouth I can certainly use an internet cafee to post as I can store all my books on a USB stick. Also once I am allowed a laptop then I will also probably be able to post while I am still at a shore establishment. So yes, as eager as before however I thought it only fair to let you know as much as I know. In any other circumstance I might have tried a work around but I've wanted this since as long as I can remember and most of the last 5 years has been spent preparing myself academically, mentally and physically. I can't turn away from it now.

That said, if people are happy with that eventuality then I will be able to post multiple times a day atm with plenty of times during the weekend for long posts/combats. I'm thinking of playing either an Assassin or Guardsmen. Probably ranged/stealth focus but if Assassin could also include the chance to work in some investigation/security skills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff. Based on what Fletch and Moon have said, it's looking like a hit squad, which is just fine with me! No huge hurry on building characters, just get me the highlights (class, role in the group, some fluffy stuff).

For starters, here's a few notes. I don't do Radical's handbook. I have Dark Heresy and Inquisitor's Handbook (DH and IH from here on out). Since everybody seems fairly new, I don't think I have to worry about any of the sourcebooks, so good stuff. I'm open to widening the homeworld/class combos, so if you can give me a good reason, I see no reason you can't have a Feral Arbites or a Hive Adept. Some stuff just won't work, but I think I'm safe from seeing any Feral Techpriests or Adepts (unless you are one silver tongued devil).

Content wise, I hope we're all adults and can deal with blood, guts, and swearing. Let me know if you can't, but if somebody takes a bolter to the face it's gonna be messy and a foul utterance may drop if an Eldar Ranger pops out of nowhere. I don't really do romance or intimacy in games, but this is Dark Heresy, so if he or she wants a piece it's probably to either rob you or feed you to a Bloodthirster. A tastefully written seduction to inflitrate a palace or get information is one thing, Penthouse Forum is on a different site.

There, all the disclaimers are taken care of. So let's go!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey all,

Me and my friend are down to play. I'd like to play Guardsman, but willing to fill whatever slot the group needs. My friend would like to play a psyker, but is willing to role on it if others want to play the psyker.

As for Moonblade I have no objections to him joining and playing as long as he situation allows him to. Maybe it'll make for a better story having someone leave and maybe or maybe not come back....just a though. I have Dark Heresy and Inquisitor's Handbook as well.

Donikage.. do I PM my char info to you or post it here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go ahead and post him here. You might want to have your friend start an account and start posting here. Story wise, it's looking like you all are the Inquisitor's "problem solvers" so far, with a hitter, fire support, and psychic craziness. Good times!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I'm Fletch's friend, looking to join the game as a psyker or whatever role I'm needed in.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard! We'll se if one or two more sign up, but it's cool of not, should keep things moving quickly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Ezrae good to have someone else on board .

Fletch are you looking to play any particular type of Guardsmen? Thinking it is probably well worth having one character who can function to some degree of capability in CC so if your looking to play a ranger guardsmen I can happily try for a more close quarters assassin. I will probably role with Assassin and hopefully I will have the character posted up here by Tuesday morning

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Moonblade,

I'm thinking more mid range (i love shotguns), while working up skills towards heavy weapons. So feel free to go for sniper if ya like.

I'll post some char info Monday after my finals are done.

PS:
    Donikage: should we roll all aspects of the char or just choose for homeworld, appearance etc..If we are rolling do you have a link to a dice roller?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If we are using a dice roller than invisible castle is a fairly reasonable dice roller from what I remember. Holds your results as well so you can provide a link from them in the event the GM wishes to check the rolls.

Ok, I'll roll up a long ranged assassin then. Shotguns are awesome however snipers just rock... The only shame is how bad sniper weapons are on the 40K tabletop but that's a seperate discussion (except for Tau rail rifles which are awesome )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast