Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: 4th Edition
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 2
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: maptools/skype
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(maptools/skype)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th edition interest check

Downloads
    Uploads

4th edition interest check

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    1 . What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?

D&D 4th Edition

2 . What ' type' or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game?

This is going to be a Forgotten Realms campaign, centered mostly in and around the Nentir Vale. Ranging From the Stonemarch to the Dawnforge mountains. However broadening after the players have gotten past paragon level.

3 . How many Players are you looking for ?

4, possibly 5...

4 . What's the gaming medium?

I'd like to do one evening per week via MapTools. Time is open for discussion with the group that i finally choose. Please give me days of the week and times you are available.

5 . What is the characters' starting status?

Everybody starts at level 1..

6 . How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Players will begin the campaign with the adventures kit for no cost, other than that standard 100 gold starting.

7 . Are there any particular character classes, professions , orders , etc . that you want .. . or do not want ?

Ideally, the party will have a nice mix of roles. Other than that, anything goes.

8 . What races , subraces , species, etc. are allowed for your game?

Anything in the official materials is fine.

9 . By what method should Players generate their attributes / ability scores and Hit Points ?

22 point buy system.

10. Does your game use alignment ? What are your restrictions , if so?

No Evil, you can be close but no outright killing citizens or betraying/stealing from the group. I think you get the point here.

11. Do you allow multi-classing , or have any particular rules in regards to it ?

No Hydrids, No Exceptions..

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game?

Players will be responsible with there roll and I will be resposible for anything else.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/ variant rules that your Players should know about ?

Not really. I'm pretty lax on the rules and use them more as guidelines than anything else. Just let me know if you got a question on whether or not you can or cannot do something.

14. Is a character background required ? If so, how big ? Are you looking for anything in particular?

Yes! A background is required for this campaign. I will want at least a half page. This information will go into building future encounters/quests for the Player Characters. I will also require you to play your characters in the first person. NOT OKAY: lets move John the barbarian 10 feet... OKAY... (playing as john) i see 2 goblins to the west so i am going to charge after them.

Keep in mind, playing your character well outside of combat is going to reward you just as substantially as how many enemies you slay.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash , puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the
    above?

If all goes well, it should be a pretty good 50-50 mixture. I do however want to make this campaign as open world as possible. the last thing i want to do is to start railroading the campaign in order to keep the PC's in the right track.

I think this lets you have a fast, action packed game, with a lot of story to tie it together while still being fast paced. And if you're wondering, I do have a whole story arc planned out that should end with the party around lvl 20 or so.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?

Anything that has been published, whether it's straight from wotc or dragon mag, etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    To alll that are interested in joining this campaign: there will be a manditory meet and greet session this tuesday from 5pst to about 7, i would say. this meeting will just to be just to get to know one another and talk a little about what i (GM) expect and what you as the players expect out of me...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you ok accepting new players to D&D. I myself have little experience with the exact rules and would need some assistance starting off (making character properly, some rules unsure of) however I do have experience with the 40k tabletop Dark Heresy- so I know how a gaming sessions works how to roleplay, what to ask etc, I would just need some guidance on following rules etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Join us this Tuesday and we will chat you can add me on skype... skype name is matthew.pothoven

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there's still space I'm interested. I've played a good amount of 4e, most of it on maptool. I'm available any day past 5:30 mountain time (1 hour ahead of pacific) and all day on the weekends. I'm ichibaniigamer on skype.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey I would be very interested if there are still spots available, I haven't played to much 4e but I have played 3.5 for years, I have read over the 4e rules many times and am extremely interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering if you guys still have a space. BTW, I'm a total newbie to this stuff, so I don't blame you if you don't want to take the time out to explain this stuff to me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested depending on time of the week

Downloads
    Uploads
    I be willing to join if you got a spot open and depending on the time

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested, and have a flexible schedule to make most any time or day.

I have experience in both Maptools and 4E

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there is an opening left, I'd be very interested in this. I've wanted to do some RPG gaming for years now, but cannot find anyone to do it with. If you're still there, Matthew_Porthoven, please respond to us! We must know!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there everyone, sorry about the wait. I've been incredibly busy these last few weeks. as to the game, i have had to put it on a hiatus with the new job, until i can at least figure out my schedule. once i start it back up, i will send Pm's to all still interested...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Matthew have you figured out your schedule yet? If not can another guy DM this I would really want to play.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested if there is a spot open

Downloads
    Uploads
    still interested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast