Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: PC Leshay?

Downloads
    Uploads

PC Leshay?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm thinking about making a level progression for a Leshay Character. Would this be overpowered if it was a 30 level progression?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    depends. are you playing an epic campaign? if so, then no it is not overpowered. if not, then likely yes.

as i recall they have dr something/epic, not to mention the dual brilliant bastard swords which cannot be lost, taken, or broken (effectively) and can be summoned and un-summoned at will. and some other minor tidbits.... ^^

now if you slanted the progression such that they gained all of the epic abilities after 20, and the rest of the abilities scaled appropriately with wealth and power level and so forth, then it could be made to work. might be interesting to make an immature leshay. considering the racial backstory, one wonders if any of them would bother to procreate, or if the individual has been around since that event.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning out a char to use in a campaign that spans from lvl3 to lvl30+ and I wanted to play as a char that during the whole game will not be accessing the normal classes. I think that doing this will be fun and interesting.
    I like the "no epics under lvl 20" and I thought up a level scaling that would work with the Leshay weapons. They start out as normal weapons, and at the lvl that it would be treasure appropriate to let them progress to their next ability, I let 'em.
    I would do the same with some of the other ability's, but never more than 1 every, or every other, level.
    Thinking about using the Ranger as a under 20 guideline. This seems like a good idea because of the parallels in several ability's.

You hit the nail on the head as far as the role-playing bit of it goes, it will be fun to figure out why He/She is the only Leshay He/She's ever met that doesn't seem to be as old as the Prime Material Plane itself.
    Thanks for your input Nijineko. Your advice is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    glad i seem to be in the ballpark. want some brainstorming?

i'll toss a few ideas out here, and if the brainstorming isn't needed, feel free to let me know.

the last child born before the event, possibly traumatized by said occurance. could play up fun and weird phobias. fear of void? fear of purple?

depending on how one wants the backstory to go, the event could be what made the survivors immortal, if not, then it could be interesting to figure out the how and why.

born of a mortal (elven?, depending on campaign) mother, the child inherited almost all of the father's traits. likely raised singly by said mother to boot. the usual potential for tragic backstory here. cute potential for mini-weapons as a child. weapon sizes grow as child grows. could be that due to odd heritage, the child has occasional growth / aging spurts which tapers off (or not) as the child reaches maturity. fun to suddenly get a few years older, bewildering to everyone else. ^^

the birth of the child caused the event. shunned by it's own, misunderstood by everyone else.... (even if it didn't really cause it, if it happened simultaneously, or the child was framed for it, or was part of it in some fashion even if not guilty... more possibilities.)

the leshay were ousted by the spellweavers who in turn were ousted by the mind flayers. but as a child leshay, does it represent the return of fertility to the almost dead race? not if everyone else has a say! (or stab...)

well, that's just off the top of my head. and a lot of it up to the dm too. hope it helps. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive