Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Ideas for a Prestige Scout/Bard

Downloads
    Uploads

Ideas for a Prestige Scout/Bard

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I have a friend who is currently playing a Scout (Complete Adventurer) and is going to cross-class to bard. We were wondering if anyone knew of any good non-homebrew prestige classes that would work well with both. It's the game I'm running she wants todo this in, and I'm willing to bend/break some/most rules. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks~

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there are a series of feats that grant limited stacking benefits for two specific classes. for example allowing levels monk and rouge to stack with each other for the purposes of determining certain class features. make a feat that does this for the skirmish ability of the scout and maybe bardic music for the bard.

sublime chord has useful abilities.

can't think of any specific prestige that benefit both offhand.
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-26-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll second nijineko - and in over 30 years of playing, I can't recall EVER having heard of an official OR UNOFFICIAL scout/bard or ranger/bard combo prestige class. I'm not saying that my remembery is perfect... but... ummm... what was I saying?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, there is the prestige version of the ranger in the unearthed arcana. might be worth a look for you.

doesn't progress both, but....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The trick is to find a prestige class that will benefit the Bards spell progression and augment your scout levels. Because one is core and another is 2nd tier, its not bloody likely you will find something that synergies well enough.

Some interesting prestige classes (though they have only a few levels) in complete scoundrel are Fortunes Friend, Magical Trickster, Master of Masks, or Uncanny Trickster. But they only offer some tricks and some spell caster level rise.