Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Too late for Vampire...?

Downloads
    Uploads

Too late for Vampire...?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    OK, so I have been thinking about getting into the nWoD for some time, but that time has been tight and it's taken me a while. Now, though, I've been browsing all the awesome books out there for the whole line and Vampire in particular and I think I may get started. I have never played the prior iterations, so I don't need to know how different the Requiem is from Masquerade. But, my question is whether it's worth it. From what I read, the line is winding down. Sounds like the MMO is going to be a focus soon. Maybe Vampire 3 is coming. So, is it worth getting into? That being said, I don't have a gaming group and my friends aren't really into RPGs so most of the time I end up reading them for fun while not playing them. Which is not a big problem since I think they're more enjoyable to read than novels.

Anyway, I would love some thoughts about getting into Vampire this late in the run.

Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for it, World of Darkness has a thriving community with many options for play, and many forms of group making.

besides, 90% of what most people do is in the Core book(s)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliomane74 View Post
    From what I read, the line is winding down. Sounds like the MMO is going to be a focus soon. Maybe Vampire 3 is coming. So, is it worth getting into?
    The MMO will be based on Masquerade. The 20th Anniversary edition of Masquerade should be coming out late this year. One reason for this may be due to a huge amount of Vampire players are in a LARP and Requiem just never took off as a LARP. I personally am not a fan of the core Requiem book, however there are good books for the line (Requiem for Rome, any of the clan books, Damnation City) Requiem Vampires are weaker and more monstrous than their Masquerade counterparts. Mechanically Requiem gives you a more strait forward system with bigger dice pools than Masquerade. Requiem less mechanical flavor than Masquerade. They are really two different games made for people who want something different from their RPG experience. I find Masquerade to be better to read while Requiem is better to play but it really depends on the story you want to tell.

[edit] to play Masquerade you will need Vampire the Masquerade, to play Requiem you will need World of Darkness AND Vampire the Requiem
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 03-17-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me and a couple of friends are intending to start an online World of Darkness game, we would be playing over skype, we are all fairly new to the system used, so could be a learning thing for all of us.

We will both be playing scenarios and more freeform, depends a bit.
    Scenarios will mostly be the big events and such ingame, the freeform will be in between those.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
    Me and a couple of friends are intending to start an online World of Darkness game, we would be playing over skype, we are all fairly new to the system used, so could be a learning thing for all of us.

We will both be playing scenarios and more freeform, depends a bit.
    Scenarios will mostly be the big events and such ingame, the freeform will be in between those.
    What is your player limit, and how many do you currently have in your group?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well 4 to 6 players.
    We are currently 2 possibly 3, not including myself ofcourse.