Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Online RPG Game Board
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online RPG Game Board

Downloads
    Uploads

Online RPG Game Board

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I would like to test out my site. http://diavida.com
    It is an online game board. You can make maps then in the GM mode you can load NPCs Monsters or whatever and who ever is on your game board will see the changes. I will be adding other features later but for now I just want to try out the site. Check it out tell me what you think.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd recommend having some more information available without requiring visitors to register.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Registration is just to distinguish users but here is a link to a sample map http://diavida.com/printmap.php?map=agent6stoutoak

You make maps like this and then can control on your map the relation of your PCs to NPCs or Monsters... Combine with Chat(I will be adding this later) or skype you play old style pen and paper RPGs.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. Can you tell us a little bit about what will distinguish this from the other virtual tables out there already? Are you actually providing tilesets for DMs to use to build maps or the like?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What type of internet connection is required to be able to access this? Some folks still utilize dialup for their connection. Also, is there a need to download anything to your computer or is it just a matter of logging onto your site?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not sure how it will work with dialup. There are a lot of images on the site. There is nothing to download. The main reason I made the site is for friends. I am in the military in Afghanistan and wanted a project to help time pass. My brothers and I play DnD 3.5 & Pathfinder so I thought it would be cool to make an online game board. All your maps will be stored online so any computer you get on you can play. As long as you have an internet connection all the tools are there for you. I know my site needs other features, but for a simple game board it works. I'm not charging and don't plan on it. I plan on adding more tilesets as I get them. same with character images. The reason for the login is because that is how you save your maps... under your login. Thats what I meant by distinguishing users from one another. Im working on showing grids or removing it and also private game rooms so that you only let in who you want to let into your game. Well I hope you like it and use it.
    Last edited by agent6; 03-23-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got done adding a profile page on my site. Soon you can search for friends/other players to add to your profile. This will help when making your own game board(coming soon). When you make your private game board you will have the choice to add users to that game. It then will populate to their profile showing that they are playing in your game. This makes it easy for them to login and click on "My Table" and find everything that is important to get started. I hope you like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I now have chat up and working on my site. Now you don't need to use another chat program when you play.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good agent6. I first started gaming in 1991 while in the Persian Gulf. One of the guys in my unit had brought his 2E books and a pregen adventure along. Been gaming since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just added about 1100 new Tokens\Sprites. You now have more PCs NPCs and Monsters to choose.

These tiles come from www.dundjinni.com by DevilDan and www.immortalnights.com by Devin. Thanks For there great work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just added a dice roller to the chat. I want to know what you think of it. Is there any changes you would make? Let me know. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the other posters, some more information would add to the value of the game. Considering the thousands of browser based games available online today, it's important to set yourself apart from the crowd!
    Last edited by bethany25; 04-18-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My site isn't a game. It is a tool to help play a game. It is a Virtual Table Top. It allows you to play your favorite RPG online with others. You cant always get together in front of a table to play so you can get on here with your friends and play.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the Map Maker you now can create random maps. I got this code from galneweinhaw at his site http://www.happyhikers.ca/temp/mapGe...Gen/input.html all credit go to him. Some really good work. On his site you need to use Firefox 3.5+ for the rotations to work. on my site I fixed the rotation problem so it should work in all browsers.
    All you have to do is select GenMap to make your starter map. Be careful to not over write your work. If you press it and you don't see your map it may be just out of your viewing area. Look left or down for it. It will make a new map every time you press GenMap. Try it out. Tell me what you think
    Last edited by agent6; 04-24-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so far this is awesome. My biggest complaint would be that you can't rotate tiles. However, I know this is still a major work in progress so . . I really can't complain much, haha. Any way to upload your own tiles? Also, I actually play the D&D Miniatures game that you get most of your tiles from. Once I get my scanner running, do you want me to send you some gifs?

Just a random bored person with a computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast