Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: [Anime] Anime RPG

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Anime] Anime RPG

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I've been curious about anime role-playing games. Has anyone here played BESM? (or any other anime rpg) Are there any d20 (OGL) anime games?
    Last edited by fmitchell; 07-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BESM?

Bondage Existentialism Sado-Masochoism?

Not that it's a far stretch from Anime. They'll just have to open their mouths wider.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was part of a group that introduced me to Big Eyes, Small Mouth, and I even used it for a while for one of my fantasy games, but ended up switching back to DnD for the following reasons.

First, I like all of the DnD monsters, and had to convert each one into BESM stats, which got to be a real chore. I don't want my entertainment to be a chore, so the system had to go.

One of the players, the guy who was the GM who introduced me to the game knew the rules a whole lot better than the other players and ended up out powering them in a big way!

If I wanted to give a player an item, to be true to the system, I needed to find some way to balance the points. Granted, as GM I have total control, but it was just another little check against the system.

I wanted to run a high fantasy campaign, not an anime fantasy campaign. BESM is a great system, don't get me wrong, but for fantasy, I just prefer a different system. We had some great games, but I'm not gaming with that GM and as far as I know, he's no longer using BESM himself.

As far as d20 anime systems, I think the company that originally published BESM started a d20 system, but I'm not sure what's happened to it as last I knew, GoO - Guardians of Order, closed their doors.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime