Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Science Fiction / Futuristic
System Used: Shadowrun
Game Location N/A
Game Times N/A
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Online Shadowrun anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    im in if there is a slot available
    "Oh look, it those falling rocks again" - mar Hawke

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if I dump the bus (which cost an obscene amount of this character's starting money as a home/mobile base/workshop/rigging platform) I can shift a lot of BP and Nuyen around.

How should we go about getting character sheets to you? My last game used CoyoteCode to store them online (my sheet for anybody who wants to look, is at http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6589)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to go with the second suggestion I was given, since someone already said they were going to be face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's never any quota on Street Samurai; any runner team can use more ass-kickers. ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've put up a page to gather all the character concepts. It's at http://pdr-besm.wikispaces.com/PPRPG - don't worry about character name or character sheet unless you want to. If you do, put a hyperlink in the character sheet box or just link to a new document and post it as a text sheet.

Emketos: You could definitely buy autosofts, since they're run by a Pilot program. On the other hand, if you're willing to let your sprites run the drones, Machine Sprites can have autosofts as Complex Forms - though you can only have one unregistered sprite at a time. (You don't need to have a complex form for one of your sprites to do it, otherwise they couldn't teach you new ones =p)

kilometer: Haven't filled up yet, so sure.

daiopowen: Looks nice. I especially like the detail on the contact and the weapons. I would suggest some change in the languages, though. English and French are common in Lagos, but the most common languages are Lagosian City Speak, followed by Yoruba, Igbo, and Awori. (Lagos is located within Yoruba, more or less; the Area Boys who are the closest thing to guards Lagos has are mostly Igbo. There is no such thing as a Lagosian City Speak linguasoft.)

Lynth: daiopowen is right.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy, I don't know if between DSL & my (old, refurbished) IBM T-42 laptop (512Meg) can handle an online game...if you don't mind I'll try!

Also, are you interested in a face to face game on Sat. starts about 2pm over in the Hermitage area? My phone is 781-2701.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Howdy, forgot to add I can play a rigger, or a driver/smuggler, or 3 different types of St Sammie's (Close in only, beyond 75m you're kinda safe; mixed range; almost no close-in (other shoving a pistol up your nose and pulling triger), various firearms and heavy weap's, & asks which pocket you want the mini-grenade in...). I often make my PC's after most of the group has formed and fill in the weak spot....

Let me know....

Downloads
    Uploads
    well i can play a gunnbunny/street sam. it's been a while since i play a hack and blast sort of character
    "Oh look, it those falling rocks again" - mar Hawke

Downloads
    Uploads
    tim.mineshine: wrong country for me, sorry =p

I went through and added the most recent suggestion everyone made to the wiki. (It should be open to guest edits, so if you have any trouble with that, PM me please.) Six is about my limit, but I could stretch if one more wanted in (counting everyone who's posted except Primalzen due to scheduling conflict =/). Looking at what's on the table I'd say the glaring weakness is the Astral. It's not absolutely critical - Shadowrunners are mercenaries, after all, and mercenaries can always hire subcontractors - but a mage or a mystic adept would probably help.

Something I noticed going over Khyber, daiopowen: you might look into replacing the Muscle Replacement/Reflex Enhancement with Muscle Augmentation and Muscle Toner. Same effect, same cost, significantly less Essence hit. Up to you, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Muscle Replacement x2 - 10,000 Nuyen, 2 essence, +2 Str, +2 Agi

Muscle Augmentation x2 - 12,600 Nuyen, 0.4 essence, +2 Str
    Muscle Toner x 2 - 14,400 Nuyen, 0.4 essence, +2 Agi

27,000 Nuyen vs 10,000 Nuyen.

That said, I've moved some things around a bit. Traded my Conestoga Vista in for a GMC Everglades, since the waterways are one of the best ways to get around, and I've changed the languages, and modified my Chrome slightly. The new sheet is linked in the wiki page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My bad, for some reason I was thinking that they covered the Reflex Enhancer as well, and that would be a LOT of essence saved. Silly me - the only thing that comes close to doing what the Reflex Enhancer does is the Suprathyroid Gland (availability 20F) and that wouldn't be worth it even if a starting character could get it. (Well, it wouldn't give you as much Reflexes. It might still be worth it, but it's not really an option, so...)

[Edit]
    Huh - "Sorry, the requested character can not be shown. Either you don't have permission to edit it, the sheet isn't publicly viewable, or the character does not exist."
    Last edited by PeterDracos; 03-15-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, forgot to make it public. It's a little counter-intuitive that people can't view it by default.

I've changed my approach slightly, too. I changed my Black Market Pipelines to Biocompatibility: Cyberware and Born Rich; then I just gave myself more money to start with. 20% extra money beats a 10% discount, and I'm left with a lot more essence than before, even with the same cyberware.
    Last edited by daiopowen; 03-15-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have put together a mage which I am perfectly happy to play a combat shaman (wise Warrior) I will upload a char profile up soon. Its still somewhat a work in progress but should be ok.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent! We were going to have some issues without magical support!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to post to see if you all wanted another player, maybe a mage since no one had expressed interest in one, but it seems Emeketos has already gone there 8).

Out of curiousity, were you thinking to play with any house rules? I gather you are using the basic build point rules?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was figuring on going with a former army medic/shaman covering 2 potential party weaknesses astral/magic support and a healer. The character has decent healing both magical and first aid with a background in medicine. Character is weak though without a good power focus and reaction improvement. Almost worth it to burn some essence/magic for synaptic boosting.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast