Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D&D 4E Scales of War PbP

Downloads
    Uploads

D&D 4E Scales of War PbP

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi guys, I was considering running a 4e Play by Post Scales of War campaign. I would love to have five people who could commit to posting daily. I understand things come up but the goal is to have everyone posting once a day other than the times when things come up late notice. This would be my first time DM'ing which is one reason I would like to start off with a modular adventure. Please feel free to post in the thread or drop me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested in playing a daily play by post... has there been any other takers or is this thread dead?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be down for that. I'm not sure I could post every day, my weekends are a little sketchy. Certainly I could check in 4 or 5 times a week to say something, hopefully that'd be enough.

I have no real preferences on any class or role, though I've been curious about trying out a leader.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is not dead as I just posted it last night. A leader would be great if you need some help deciding just send me a pm. We may have to get someone to proxy for you on weekends if we are in combat but other than that I don't see a huge issue with it. Matthew do you have a role in mind?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn't be hard to pick one, all of the options have some appeal. If I get stuck I'll just roll for it.

I don't mind having my turn proxied if that necessary. I can also leave some basic instructions for my turns as well if that helps keep things moving.

Out of curiosity are there any setting rules we should be aware of? Like there's no sense in me reading about the Artificer class if we're not in Eberron, or stuff like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to play either a controller class (Mage) or a striker (Rogue or sorcerer). but i am completely open to playing any class that is needed...

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are not in Eberron but if you are sold on an artificer I don't see why you couldn't play it. I'm pretty open as far as using published materials go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am down to play a Defender. Do you have any rules concerning character generation or sheet submission?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Standard character generation array and classes from any published material is ok. I will want a copy of your character sheet you can pm me for my email or I will have the site up and running this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by panther553212 View Post
    I will have the site up and running this weekend.
    What site is this? I had assumed you'd be running the game in these forums somewhere. I'm not against playing elsewhere, I was just curious what you had in mind.

As for the character I think I'm going with a gnome bard. I'm working on a back story for the little guy now. In combat he'll be a ranged character, staying just close enough for his Majestic Words to reach the melee guys. Out of combat he'll be something of a book worm, all manner of random knowledge that he's too willing to share. Even if you don't ask, or want to know it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The forums are here http://scalesofwar.forumotion.com I will get a welcome and game info posted on the site this afternoon. I believe we have 3-4 players interested so looking for 1-2 more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is what we are looking at so far. Have room for at least one more. I'm hoping to start as early as Monday.
    Player 1: Q-man Gnome Bard(Ranged)
    Player 2: Trihn Defender
    Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Controller or Striker
    Player 4: SorcApprentice Undecided
    Player 5: Open

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested. I haven't played 4e yet, but I have access to a lot of the material. I've played some 2e back in the mid 80's, and some 3.5 a few years ago so I will need a little time to get back in the swing of things... but if that's cool with you guys I'd love to play. I've always leaned toward the monk classes in the past, but I'm up for anything really... in fact, considering that 4e doesn't seam to have a monk at first glance... perhaps a rogue would be nice.
    Last edited by Pokk; 02-19-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Player 1: Q-man Gnome Bard(Ranged)
    Player 2: Trihn Defender
    Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Controller or Striker
    Player 4: SorcApprentice Undecided
    Player 5: Pokk undecided

Sounds good Pokk. I highly suggest the DDI character creator for it's ease. It looks like between either you and sorc we need a healer type. As soon as i get character sheets and backgrounds from everyone we will be ready to start. I would love to start monday night if everyone can get me their infor by then.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A healer type? Can't I do that as a bard, they get healing spells

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast