Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Chapter Six: Dark Sails - Page 9
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Chapter Six: Dark Sails

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Captain, we have strong magic. We might be able to take her. We are one orc down though. Crap. Is it possible we could overtake the fake Nymph's Kiss in the night without her knowing, then beat her to Freeport, gather reinforcements, and then have a surprise waiting for them? With some guild men at our backs we could surely take the ship!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The captain ponders: "Aye, we could beat her to Freeport but we have to take another route, less we give way our position and advantage. That would bring use through the Siren's Shoal, no faint of heart should attempt to cross it."

The hafling studders; "The S-Siren's Shoal. But-But they say it is cursed..."

"Aye. But I have sailed the Shoal once before and as long as we keep our wits about us we won't fall victim as the many ships through the centuries."

"Isn't their another way...what about allowing the Nymph-the other ship to dock in Freeport and we--er you sneak aboard while in port?"

"Aye. A cautious way, though I wonder if the leaders of this band would still be aboard at that time..."

"If it keeps us away from the Siren Shoal..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Let us send the pigeon to let the Guild know of our plans; perhaps they can teleport some backup to Freeport.

What are the dangers of Siren Shoal, captain?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Aye mi Lady or at least give a heads up to the Guild Agents working Freeport (via some magic). As far as helping us now, the pigeon would never make it to the city in time."

"The Siren Shoal is a narrow strip of sharp rocks they say was once part of the Island of Castile, a legendary Island that was sunk by a volcano eruption. A narrow section between the sharp rocks is a direct route to Freeport but it is riddled in rumor. A strange fog usually encompasses it which makes its crossing very precarious; some claim as result of the curse that befell the people of Castile. Many of sailor and ship have met their end on the rocky shore of the Shoal, some from lack of experience navigating waters, other claim for the spirits of Castile who haunt the place.

"I have traveled through the Shoals once before, evading three Overlord navy ships on my trail. Two of those ships refused to enter but the third ship, The Nightingale, was captain by a arrogant officer known as Captain Fergus. Trying to prove his superiors of his tenacity, he chased after me into the Shoals. While we were in the fog, he was within earshot; taunting me and my ship; saying he was going to bring us in chains in front of the Overlord himself. His taunts, however, grew fainter, and fainter, and eventually ceased. Needless to say, he failed in his threat, for when we cleared the fog, his ship was no long behind me. Since this day, I know not the fate of the Nightingale nor do I care."

The hafling interrupts: "You see! It's cursed! We can't possibly go in there!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I vote for the Shoals. No guts, no glory! We'll beat those bast@rds back to Freeport and set up an ambush that they won't forget! We owe them for Barney. He was an orc, but he was one of us. Now what magic have we got to send a message back to Freeport? Gisele? I think I've got nothing."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Alas" the captain says in a grim voice, "The guild provided only the pigeon for such communication, and only back to the city. Guild wizards may be able to send a message to Freeport once the pigeon arrives and hopefully reinforcements will have been called. Tis no guarantee but I wager well on that bet..."

The hafling sighs..."I see we have no choice..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Away we go then! Make haste!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gisele nods in agreement.

"Make sure to put all that information we learned in the message with the pigeon, in case further 'adventures' detain us. I'm gonna go take a nap."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The remains of the sinking ship are burned by the sea dogs and the captain orders the crew of The Black Ray to make haste to the Siren Shoals. The night falls swiftly and in the morning the Captain calls you to the top deck.

From the distance you see a misty horizon before you, the sun is red above like a large angry eye of a god.

"Inside this infernal mist lies the Siren Shoals. Only the souls of fools or brevity attempt its crossing. Yer halfling companion makes a plea we dare not enter. Shall we tempt fate once again?"

DM You have now rested. I will post XP rewards in a day or so. If you advance you may advance. If you have magical items you want to know what they do, that information will be revealed to you.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Without a sign of protest, the captain orders the Black Ray in the mist ahead. The thick fog rolls across the deck and vision is limited to barely a few feet ahead of you. The crew of the ship is very quiet except for the captain who barks to the lookouts for any sign of rock.

Your ship travels for no more than 30 minutes when the Midshipman approaches.

"Captain, we seem to be missing a crewman. Juston McLay. He is not at post."

The Captain looks at Madoka: "I need someone to conduct a search onboard. My crew and I need to concentrate on navigating the waters."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "No problem! We got this. What does Juston McLay look like? How will we know him when we see him? Where was his last post? How do we get there?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gisele rises from her sleep refreshed. "Divide and conquer" she says to Madoka.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Captain speaks: "Juston is a good lad. Five foot 7 with dusty blond hair, age of a mere 18. He has served on this ship for two years, son of a Seadog who served 30. He did not report to his post. His last known where about were the crew quarters last night. No one has seen him since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Let's go check out the crew quarters then. We should ask around and make sure no one saw or heard anything that might be helpful in our search."

[heads to crew quarters with Gisele and starts to ask investigative questions to every crewman they encounter.]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The way to the crew quarters is without incident; all of the rst of the crew remains on deck. As Gise and Madoka enter the crew quarters they see the shadowy silloutte of a man sitting on a bunk. A whpsery voice comes from him:

"Madoka. Gisel. I have been expecting you. Time is not on your side and You are in danger..."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789