Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The Balace Upset

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Matrith frowned at the queen's words but said nothing, after all she was a queen and it was her word that mattered.

"For the town queen I can only suggest one thing, evacuation, othe wise they will all be killed as well with us."

Matrith looked towards Karles but found he was already moving,a thumb held up over hi shoulder, Matrith smiled. Karles was the best soldier he had, and the brightest, the Malkier trained no screw ups.

"Anyways my queen-"

She had already moved on, and he booted hi horse forward to catch up to her.

"We should leave for the capital immediately my Queen, lets go."

~~

Lynce raised a brow as he sat in the room, watching the queen like a hawk as she spoke, taking it all in as he reached out and took a drink of the wine that had been poured for him, if she wanted him dead, she had an entire castle of soldiers to do it for her.

A few moments passed after the woman had finished speaking, and laying the map out and all Bisqual did was watch her, nursing the glass of wine in his hand as he rested his head on the other, not even blinking.

The letter had told him, the letter that was supposedly from his father, had said nearly the same thing as she had. That he had been trying to bridge peace between Domier and the Malkier for years, and indeed told of a unknown princess of the country. But how could eh believe it? His father, such a powerful, honest, and honor bound man trying to stop this blood fued that had lasted nearly fifty years.

Lynce stopped himself. It made sense, his father, honorable and Justice seeking and honest, of course he wanted peace, his father had told him when he was little, that in order to be good at war one had to hate it, and his father was one of the best generals in the land.

The man finally stirred from the seat, placing the glass down and hovered over the map on the table, looking at each of the locations seeing most were in key locations, inseide the borrdiers of domier, but in out of the way places were an army could come from without being noticed quickly, it seems that his father, if it was his father, had anticipated a hard won peace.

Lynce looked up at the woman, Sabine and silently sat back down in the seat, again just staring at her, breaking the silence a few moments after.

"If what you say is true, and have no doubt I will find out if you are lying, and if it is indeed what my father wanted then...I will try, but right now we must leave this country, first because we are in danger just being here, second Your father was over thrown by his closest adviser for these thoughts and i doubt he will be as understanding as your father,a dn third to take back your country, you need a larger army."

Lynce sat forward, hi mind working.

"You have 174 of these keeps in place, say their all the same size as this one, which holds about a five hundred people each, now lets say that half of those numbers are men, now only another half are soldiers, that equals 125 soldiers per facility, and times that by 174 which equals..."

Lynce did the math quickly... well as quickly as he could.

"21750, which is not even half as big as the national Domierian army, which equals about 75000, you need to appeal to another country for help or try to quickly kill the new king in a coup, which would require you attacking the capital directly, but is a lot more riskier."

Lynce frowned, which was the better option?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sabine knew gaining the support of the Battle Lord, she has had a life time of the idea of peace and the Knight a matters of moments. “Don’t mistaken the number of strong holds as the total number of supports BisQual.”

Sabine sat forward folding her hands in her front of her. “The truth is, this is much larger than I can explain and your father was just as big of part of it as my own father. Luc’s study is just two doors down off to the right of the main hall. You can have a looksee and judge for yourself whether you are going to be a complete part of this or not.” Pausing Sabine took a breath “I don’t need you to take the crown from my father’s enemies but it would make it much easier if I had it.” Standing she circled the chair she had been sitting in. She soften her accent “I am not so foolish to think I can just jump up and take the crown back but upon the deaths of our father their well laid plans have already be put into motion. An attack on the Capital is out of the question I know this it will take time.”

Pausing Sabine before saying “I am a Battle Lords daughter trained as such, a Queen of Domier by blood and an extremely talented Loki. I have many gifts but understanding war is not one of them. When I was but 12 winters into my stay at the Tower Luc brought me a sword. The finest steel with a design of swirls and curves unlike any in the world he said. It was beautiful, so strong in a delicate way. It was his gift to me and so the lessons began. We soon discovered that I am not a natural with weapons of steel; I’ve no instincts for it. Not that he didn’t try; oh he tried and worked me until I could take no more. I am much better with a whip and the True Source.” Sabine gave a small laugh at memory BisQual could not see.

“Don’t under estimate me though that would be a grave mistake and I am determined to punish the men who killed my father all because he felt living is more important than dying. Your father said I could trust you and so I will. I will go to Gasconthia with you but please know that if you betray me or try to imprison me you will find out just how talented of a Loki I am.” Coming to stand before him in complete honesty, “There is no insult or threats in my words I beg you don’t take it as such but I am Domier and you are Malkier and I walking into a land breed to hate me. Forgive me if I am feeling a bit ambiguous over it.”
    Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lynce remained quiet as he listened to Sabine, his fingers lightly rapping on the arm rest of his chair, the metal against wood making a particular noise as he maintained eye contact with Sabine, searching for the hint of lie that he so desperately wanted to find, his hatred born for the Domier egging him to call her a liar and strike her down on the spot, before she could even think about the source, the dagger at his side would be out and thrown before she could strike out at him, the range just perfect for the both to kill the other at teh same time, but he calmed himself, his gauntlet fingers digging into the arm rest before he stood up suddenly and slammed the dagger that he had pulled out in a flash into the wooden table before him, putting the blade all the way to the hilt through the thick wood, his entire body tensed and shaking from the effort of control.

This was why his father died, no other reason was viable, his father had been a traitor to the Malkier, and had been found out. Working together with the King of Domier to bring peace mayhaps, but that didn't matter, no, not too the three stilettos, the Battle Lords closest advisers. All they would see is that his father was a traitor, but why an assassin, maybe they didn't know.

No they had to, His father would have trusted them to help him, but why an assassin, maybe they were with him and Lynce was over thinking things, he would find out though.

Lynce had stopped shaking and he took a deep breath to calm himself further.

"I will... consider your words.... we will speak later Sabine.... have a pleasant night."

Lynce quickly walked out of the room and walked down the hallway, stopping in front of the door he deemed was his father's supposed study, and he slowly opened the door, and walked into the messy study with papers strewn everywhere in the room, stacks of books and bookcases that were overflowing, and he walked over to the desk with maps and official looking papers on it, and sat in the comfortable wooden chair, reaching under the desk, feeling for the one thing that would convince him this was his fathers and winced as he found it, his head slowly tilting to the side as he pulled out the simple ivory pipe that his father always used for smoking tobacco.

Lynce reached back under the table and pulled out a tobacco pouch and a set of matches, placing them on the table before him, taking out some tobacco and stuffing it into the pipe and lighting a match like his father did, by dragging his thumb over the tip, light the pipe, putting out the flame with his thumb, ignoring the quick burn of his gauntlet and pulled in a deep drag, forcing himself to not cough it up. He had always hated smoking just like his mother, Light bless her heart, and protect his father

Lynce blinked as a single tear fell from his closed eyes, letting the smoke out of his nose before taking another drag. This was why his father was dead, he knew it, all because he hated letting his men die, damn his soul, the peace loving man had died for his belief;s and here Lynce was thinking he was a fool for it.

"Damn it Father, why? Why did you leave me this task? I still don't know if I can even lead the Malkier and now you leave me to bring peace between two people who hate each other!"

Lynce snarled as he took the pipe from his mouth and sat forward, his right arm braced against the table as he stared at the ground.

"Damnit!"

he quickly slammed his other arm, the one holding the pipe on the table, sending a pen and ink bottle rolling of the table and clattering on the ground.

"You idealistic son of a *****!"

Lynce was breathing hard as he vented his pent up anger, pain and despair from the months past, it had finally overflowed beyond his control.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a moment Sabine was looking at Luc instead of BisQual and that brought fresh tears not only for her father but for the Malkier Knight as well. He was a good man and treated her with kindness and respect when any other Malkier would kill her on sight. No that is not true BisQual did not, in fact he had saved her life and followed her into Domier. She knew what he was going to do and put her to ease some but the sadness was just overwhelming.

Sabine called for a hot bath and her things brought up from her wagon with instructions that the stranger in the back was be left unharmed. She stayed in the wooden tub till the water was cold then took her time drying her hair and arranging it in one thick braid accented with a gold and pearls, her liner was delicately placed around her eyes in a very Domier way. Sabine painted her lips a deep red that matched the velvet in her riding dress, it was thin and light accented with gold at the trim of her hem.

Closing her eyes Sabine knew she would exit the room as the Queen and a fugitive from her own Country, taking a deep breath she touched the key at the end of the think gold chain she always wore. She opened the door to a lot of talking and planning by the men in the room.

“Your Grace.” Ethan said once he saw her enter the room.

Stoven moved to take her arm and walked to the hearth, “come and sit down Sabine, you should be sleeping not u and about.”

“I am alright Stoven and the last thing I need right now is sleep. There is too much to do and too much to tell you.” Sabine accepted the glass of wine, she put it untouched on the mantle, “I left he Tower because of the Wise One, …” the story continued till the chilled wine turned warm.

“There had been some rumors but I would never have, is there nothing more you can tell us?” Stoven asked watching her, Sabine had grown up since last he saw her. She looked like her mother, beautiful.

“That is all I know and that is why BisQual has followed me, he is as big a part of this I am. That is why I have decided to go Gasconthia with him.” This comment got a loud response by her men.

“I cannot allow that to happen Sabine.” Stoven replied appalled at the though, he had made so many plans. “What you are going to do is move further into Domier where we can protect you with in our ranks.” He turned his back to her and if the matter was closed.

“The choice is not yours to make Stoven; I will be leaving with BisQual.” Sabine challenged.

“While traditionally that would be the wisest course of action but we have heard some rather disturbing news about the happenings in Gasconthia.”

“What kind of news are you talking about?” she asked.

“It seems in the Queens absence Gasconthia has been invaded.”
    Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lynce sighed as he finished off the tabac in the pipe, his eyes not really seeing anything as he let the pipe hang from his lips, his teeth digging into the wood as he went through some memories of his his childhood, his father had left on expeditions to survy the country side when Lynce had been a child and those had taken weeks at the least.

Lynce sighed and blinked back to awareness seeing that someone was placing a tray of food and drink before him, a maid and Lynce eyed her, the young maid freezing as they made eye contact.

"Mi'lord, is their something wrong?"

Lynce blinked and reached out to the wine cup, pulling the pipe out of his mouth as he took a deep drag of the wine before speaking.

"Two questions. One, did you bring high grade alcohol, and second are you good with a needle?"

The maid furrowed her brows in confusion and nodded to both questions as Lynce stood up and unbuckled the armor from his chest, revealing the blood matted shirt he was wearing, the maid gasping.

"Then you can get these cleaned up, the alcohol should be good enough to clean it, no if you don't mind."

It took a while, because the maid was being careful not to hurt Lynce, who was to busy smoking the pipe to really care about the pain, and after the maid was finished, ans Lynce's upper body looked like a repaired doll with all the stitches in him, he told her to bring him a new set of clothes as he took of the reminder of his armor, and packed it up as the woman came back in, blushing as she saw that Lynce was in nothing but a pair leather shorts.

"Sorry Mi'lord."

The maid quickly placed the clothes down and nearly ran out as Lynce raised a brow.

"....Do I look that bad?"

He got dressed, comfortable in the fine, yet simple clothes and tied his assorted pouches to his belt as he walked out of the room, a once warm bun held in his mouth as he finished tying the pouches.

the man walked into the main dining room where he heard many voices, finishing the bun with a quick swallow as he looked around the crowded room, seeing the Domier woman speaking about the journey to them all and took a seat near the back, not wanting to get caught in the crowd.

the story ended and Lynce sighed, getting him as Sabine and her friend, the man named Stoven started arguing about their course of action and was about to leave when he caught the words Gasconthia.

Lynce stopped and looked back at Stoven, his eyes hard and cold and his voice cut a silence through the crowd.

"What was that?"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910