Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The adventure: Day 2 - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: The adventure: Day 2

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Aye! Here comes
    * Sylvains Streetwise *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-03-2011 02:32 AM
    Sylvains Streetwise : 1d20 (12)+ 13 (13) = 25

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain knows that most docks are directed by a harbor master, or something like that. Asking around you're pointed around to one Mr. Cavel Warden who oversees all shipping traffic into and out of Soldevi. He's a disheveled man with a sheaf of papers in his hand. When you find him he's arguing with a ship captain about the berthing costs of his ship.

    You walk up as the ship captain stalks back onto his ship complaining loudly about the extortion done at this wharf. With a look of frustration Cavel turns to face you "Whats this now? New cargo needs registered at the front office, I've no time to deal with you here."

    After you explain what you're doing he scratches his head "Anchored here? There's less an a dozen now. All 'ese storms are keeping folks further to sea. What you need to know for?"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain nods his head. "A business Associate of mine is looking for a captain who'd be willing to transport some, say non-standard goods. And I have heard that such a man might be still here just now."
    * Sylvains Bluff *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-07-2011 02:28 AM
    Sylvains Bluff: 1d20 (10)+ 13 (13) = 23

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Cavel says angrily "Non-standard goods you say? Look here, you tell your man Drasth I've had enough of his foolishness. I don't care what he ships, nor where it goes. What I do care about is keeping my books straight! He can show up like ever-one else and sigh for his packages. This nonsense of sneaking them out without filling out the forms ends today! An once I find out who of my workers is helpin him, Drasth best be here to fish him outten the ocean!"

    He crosses his arm and looks down his nose at you while awaiting your response.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "ah....so....are there still goods for him here, that need to be signed for?" Sylvain askes sheepishlee.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    At the docks...
    Cavel huffs and says "No, tis all gone, as you likely well know already. Don't be coy with me, your games will get you little. Now there are a good many captains that berth here what don't ask many questions about your cargo. I assumed you'd know them well, as they're the same that bring your crates in. I don't want to know what you need to ship, just give me the size and weight and I'll see who has cargo space to spare for you." He hands Sylvain a couple forms to collect information on what he wants to ship out.

    At the Traveler's Inn...
    The morning is a slow time at the inn. A few people stop in for sandwiches and a few of the guests stop up to their rooms for things; but for the most part you have the run of the place. Things begin to pick up at lunchtime and many of the local shop keepers and workers come in for a drink during their break. As the rush dies down and the crowd begins to thin out, perhaps around 1PM, you see Sidar Drasth walk in the door. He's carrying a bulky sack and is looking around the room while his eyes adjust from the sunlight outside, to the much darker interior.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain beams at him. "Thank you dear Sir. I will fill the forms and be back within the day." Then Sylvain will leave the office and head back to the Traveller's Inn to discuss the news.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain arrives at the Traveler's Inn in the early afternoon. In fact as you walk in you see Sidar Drasth standing just inside the doorway looking around. The room is fairly dark, and you're forced to do the same thing for a moment before being able to make out much of the inside. As you're much more familiar with your friends you're quickly able to pick out the table they're sitting at than Sidar is. He's still scanning the crowd while you've picked out a path to them.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "Sidar, how do you do. Come join us for a quick meal!"
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sidar waves when you call him over and makes his way to your table along with Sylvain. Sidar says "Dratted place. I've no idea why they keep it so dark in here, I suppose the lighting works better at night when they do most of their business. One does think that they'd do better during the day if it was possible to see in here then. Anyway, I'm glad you spotted me. I've brought along your things." He Hands the bulging sack across the table to you. "Lord Weathermay asked me to ensure they were all in proper working order, so I have. You should find them much as you left them, if perhaps a slight bit cleaner."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Thank you so much, that is most appreciated." Sylvain says as the group takes back the remaining bits and pieces of their equipment. "I also wanted to let you know that some men have been asking funny questions about you earlier in this same spot. If there is any way we can assist you, we'd be much obliged."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Drasth gives you a wide eyed stare and replies "Men asking about me? Why would they do this? I had thought I'd corrected my reputation here once I'd finally gotten in Lord Weathermay's good graces. Apparently early mistrust is not something that is forgotten here. Do you know who these men were? Or what they were curious about? I'd hope this is something that can be corrected with a quick discussion, I'd hate to have to need 'help' to set this right."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Ah, I see" says Sylvain even though he doesnt. "Me, I think they might be working for the Harbourmaster, trying to get some shipping information for his recordsa" They asked inconspicous questions, but they made me wonder what they were after. If that information alone helps you, I'll be glad to have given it".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Adventure pbp
    By HotSoup in forum Play by Post Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •