Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: The adventure: Day 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    The adventure: Day 2

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You awaken just as the staff is getting the Inn ready for another day. The cooks are bustling in the kitchen, and you smell the aroma of eggs and bacon being prepared for breakfast.

    When you walk down the main room is almost empty, there's only two others seated in their awaiting their meal. They wear travel worn cloths and are discussing a few places they'd like to visit before sunset.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "Well, there was one of two spots the rest of our equipment could be. I am going to say the graveyard containing spook house is NOT where our equipment is. Let's head to other place quick before we go back to finish up the job we started last night."
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    72
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Refresh my memory...what was the other place the last of our equipment could potentially be?" Barakas says as he rubs the sleepiness from his eyes. Shortly after he does so he glances towards the two travelers out of curiosity, trying to see what they look like.

    ((Any Perception roll needed to ascertain anything special about the two travelers?))

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {{The way I remember it, there wasn't two places your stuff could be, you knew it was with the alchemist (Sidar Drasth). You just weren't sure where he was. You knew he had a room with Lord Weathermay, and he also had a laboratory at the house on Gargoyle's Perch.}}

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Friends, after last night's NOT encounter with the Alchemist, let us query Lord Weathermay as to his whereabouts. He might know where to find him. If not, we go back during daylight to the House on Gargoyle's perch, the foul things will be less likely to be about in the sun" Sylvain will also have a good listen to the places the other two travellers mention.
    Perception Check following
    * Sylvains Perception *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-31-2011 03:02 AM
    Sylvains Perception : 1d20 (19)+ 3 (3) = 22

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "I agree. I think he is located within Gryphon Hill along with our remaining items."
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {{Sylvain's perception}}
    You overhear them talking about a laboratory and wanted to check a cemetery. They also mention odd shipments and wanting to see the docks. At which point their breakfast arrives and they stop talking to eat.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain will try to speak to the guys if the time is right. Using his Word of Friendship to give mighty Diplomatic vibes to his voice.
    "Dear Sirs, I could not avoid overhearing your intention to investigate the cemetary. If I may impart my humble opinion on you, we had a most unfriendly encounter on Gryphon hill last night looking for a contact. We found the house empty but for some boxes and undead on our trail running from the cemetary. I beseech you, if you have any wisom for us in that matter, speak! If me can help in return, I shall speak to my comrades. Let us not squander the good fortune of this meeting and let us work together!"

    Sylvains Diplomacy with Word of Friendship:
    * Sylvains Diplomatic Mastery *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    02-01-2011 06:12 AM
    Sylvains Diplomatic Mastery : 1d20 (9)+ 18 (18) = 27

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    They turn and look at Sylvain "Whats this now? You've been to Drasth's lab a'ready?" says the first man, the other elbows his companion and says "Ho now friend what business have we to skulk about in a cemetery? You must be mistaken. Only thieves and dark sorcerers do such things."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain's face will show his surprise: "You know Drasth? It is him we wanted to have word with, it seems we owe him gratitude for repairing some of our stuff. We decided to go yesterday, maybe foolishly at dusk and were waylaid by a pair of foul things, we think from the cemetery. Friends, we will persue our business with Drasth for our own sakes and reasons, but if you can help with any information, you would have our gratitude and help if you need it for your endeavour with Drasth!"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The first guy replies "Well, we've not met him. Though we've been..."
    Then the second guy scowls and interrupts with "There be few in town what haven't heard of him, so we know of Drasth the Alchemist. Not sure what sort of 'gratitude' you owe him that requires additional help though, specially as it sounds though you've run afoul of some guards. P'raps its none of my business though."
    Last edited by Q-man; 02-02-2011 at 08:03 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sylvain senses his chances slipping away, so he pushes for a final effort: "Let me explain please! Drasth the Alchemist has in possession some items that he repaired for us and that we wanted to retrieve and pay him for his endeavors. On the way to his laboratory, where we thought him located we were attacked by undead. Not guards, unless folk here have the creatures of the night on guard for them. One of them wanted to get away towards the graveyard during battle. However, we did not see any light in the lab, nor did the commotion rouse anyone there, all that was seen was boxes inside. Therefore I beg you to let us know what business you would have with Drasth, so we could jointly look for him. Also you spoke about strange shipments, if these bring us closer to solving the mystery of the undead attack, that would be good for you and us, would it not?"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The first guy looks confused and scratches his head. The other one stops and thinks for a moment. "So you've not got some grudge against Drasth? You had me a might concerned. We've had no luck getting to see Drasth ourselves, his lab is well hidden. Only one what has seen the inside is Weathermay's daughter. You'd have better luck talking to him at Weathermays house, its where he spends his nights."
    The first guy gives his friend a look as if he's expecting him to say more. He turns to Sylvain and is about to speak when the second guy silences him with a look.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Meersburg
    Posts
    70
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Thank you so very much for your kind suggestion. This is what we surely will do first thing today!". Sylvain will turn back to the comrades, suggesting audibly to do just that. Then ensuring he is not overheard he will add: "And I think we should have a close look on those two fellows. They seem to know things about the boxes in yonder lab."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Monroeville
    Age
    35
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The party heads out to the Gryphon Hill house, where you met Lord Weathermay. There's a bit of fog thats quickly drying as the sun rises, and a steady breeze. It looks as though it'll be a cloudy day, but the rain seems to be gone for the moment.

    As you stroll through the damp muddy streets you see the rest of the town waking up. Storefront displays are brought out, walkways are swept clean, and a few of the farmers have returned to start the market in the town square.

    You arrive at the Gryphon Hill house with no difficulty, you're quickly coming to learn the town layout. One of the maids is in the yard beating the dust out of some rugs, while a grounds keeper is repairing the wall surrounding the estate apparently the rain washed a few of the stones loose.

    You knock on the door and without much delay the butler answers. After a moment he recognizes you "Sirs.... Niemandsfreund, welcome. Lord Weathermay was not expecting visitors so early, he's not yet dressed and ready to attend you. Perhaps a later time would be better?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adventure pbp
    By HotSoup in forum Play by Post Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •