Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: San Francisco: Fantasy Hero, Looking for Players

Downloads
    Uploads

San Francisco: Fantasy Hero, Looking for Players

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Looking for a group of four imaginative players to commit to regular (weekly) gaming sessions in a world I created called Verdana. The style I'm wanting to play is Epic Fantasy, but I'm willing to alter that to dark fantasy, ultra-real fantasy (gritty, planning meals, etc.), depending on characters created and player desires. Characters should be created with an eye towards belonging to organizations such as city guards, thaumaturgical societies, itinerant healer philosophies, etc., and should be done in direct consultation with me, ideally all four players present for creation, so that they can coordinate with each other to get a good fit, and to get a presentation from me about current events, organizations, available magic items, intrigues, known bestiary (don't build a dragonslayer if the world has no dragons, eh?), etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Id be game

I would be interested in trying out your new world. I am looking for a new group, as my old one was a little heavy on the Hack-and-slash. I love to play whatever the group needs for a campaign, and I love to come up with backgrounds for my characters that also help to steer the adventures. My characters rarely need to be led by the hand, as they have their own motivations anyway, but also understand the importance of the group, and not upsetting the balance in a way that makes it un-fun for the other players.

Let me know what you think, my email is wayseeker42@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

crap, ignore my reply

Sorry, I missed the little part that said SF and would have to drive 14 hours to come play a game... sorry

Downloads
    Uploads

Still lookng to get a game together?

I would be vey interested in adventureing through this world of yours if you are still trying to get it together. Let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads

meet & greet

I am still scouting for players.

I have been playing in a campaign for a few weeks, now, but we are drawing to a close, and I'm not sure whether those players are going to come along for my ride or not. They play more of a historical fantasy, set in real world settings in the 10th century in Denmark, and they don't have much interest in worlds with more magical involvement. Mine has an emphasis on demons and channeling their power: some by controlling the demons, and some by service to them. This magic is always a dark force, and requires monk-like discipline to use without either "going to the dark side", or becoming a servant of a dark power. So, those players might not be suited. I do have some other friends who might be interested. Email me at gomorrhan@hotmail.com, and we can continue this discussion. I live in the Mission, and would like to meet and greet prior to either of us committing.