Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: GURPS 4e over VT

Downloads
    Uploads

GURPS 4e over VT

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello all. Hope you are well and trust you had a good Xmas, and all the best for New Year, etc, etc.

I am looking to set up a GURPS 4e Monster Hunter Campaign and run it over VT in conjunction with a Forum. I was just wondering if anyone could advise me which of the numerous available product would be suit my needs.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Kind Regards,
    Paul.
    Last edited by Paul Matheron; 01-14-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    VT meaning Ventrillo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    VT meaning Virtual Tabletop, but using Ventrilo or Skype in conjunction with...

Paul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm totally game, its been a decade since I did anything with GURPS, are you okay with a player that'll need a lot of help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I zipped you off a private message Anyone else interested in getting this going?

Downloads
    Uploads

Monster Hunter 2020
    (Players needed 3-4)

Set on Earth in year 2020 AD, Monster Hunter 2020 will endeavour to immerse players into an action packed sequence of adventures. In which the group will pit their wits and skills against all manner of monsters and strangeness, in an effort to defend the population of the world against a largely unknown but deadly threat. Taking influence from such Films, TV Series and Books as; Resident Evil, Splice, Fringe, V, Sanctuary, The Final Program, GURPS Black Opís 3e, GURPS Terradyne 3e and many others the storyline has potentially endless avenues in which to develop depending on Players wants and needs.

Using the GURPS 4e Rules System useful Source Books are most likely to include; GURPS 4e Basics (Characters, Campaigns), GURPS 4e Martial Arts, GURPS 4e High-Tech, GURPS 4e Ultra-Tech, GURPS 4e Powers, GURPS 4e Magic, GURPS 4e Thaumatology and GURPS 4e Psionics. Other Source Material for Character templates etc, may include GURPS 4e Action 1-3 and for load outs GURPS Monter Hunters. These are largely the Books I will personally be using, though should someone want to draw information from other relevant sources this is also an option.

New to GURPS 4e, fear not, my main want as GM from my players is enthusiasm. So if you unfamiliar with the system thatís not the end of the world as I am happy to help with Character Creation and other basics. Also please follow the link below for GURPS 4e Lite (ITS FREE!) which is a very helpful introduction to the GURPS Rules System. This said, some basic idea of what RP is and how to work within a small group is probably advantageous... So please keep this in mind.

GURPS Lite (Free)
    http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/

GURPS 4e Rules
    http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/

Character Creation

All Character should be Human
    Points 250, Disadvantages 75 and 5 Quirks

Though Magery/Power Investiture and Psionic are available in the Game World Setting those taking this character path have to justify it with an Unusual Background, this will be discussed on a individual Character basis depending on said players needs. These should also be limited to a latent ability a the point entry to the game world, ie the ability to harness said advantage at a later date but no talents, powers or spells presently. For Example Ted has the ability to use Magic, he buys Magery 0 and pays the Unusual Background, but the has to wait until an in game opportunity presents its self before purchasing spells. A Player may of course save some points when creating the Character for this purpose.

GURPS Character Assistant. I have a copy of GCA and am happy to except GCA Files as part of Character Application Process.

Game Play
    Using a VT (Virtual Tabletop) most likely MapTool to start with, though this may change depending on functionality, and Ventrilo or Skype, alongside a Games Forum to give depth to Character Development and so on. The Forum can also be used to assist with Character Creation for those who need it.

Player Introduction
    Twilight Industries along with numerous other Private Security Forces in the year 2020 play an integral part in national and worldwide security. After the global economic collapse, just over a decade a go, decreasing funding from central governments across the globe had lead to private companies and corporation providing security and policing services to a wider range of clients. In some areas of the world the less scrupulous of these have in reality become the muscle behind weak governments, pulling many of the strings of power and gaining political influence at a global level. Twilight Industries, based in the English Countryside and with roots back as far as early 1900Ďs, is recognised as a solid, dependable company, in whom of those using its services have come trust and rely.
    Drawing its Employees from a wide variety of sources, for a even wider range of roles , those working for The Company are often amazed by the diversity of the work force in which they find themselves. The common binding feature among all - the ability to achieve goals set in a manner satisfactory to Twilight Industries and it partners.Twilight Industries alongside its Security Services provides cutting edge research and technological development and is one of the leading competitors in Global Markets. This awards the aforementioned employees with some of the worlds leading technological advancements in their working environment.

Player Character having worked for The Company in a fringe role, have been approached with offer of working for The Twilight Research Department. Upon acceptance they are relocated to the Twilight Research Centre for induction and a rigorous fitness examination which takes approximately 6 weeks. It is in this period that the first hints are made as to the nature of the investigation undertaken at the Twilight research Centre, and the new recruits are introduced to the strange world of Monster Hunting...

Well think that's the basic, will no doubt add a few things but give a good starting frame. Any questions feel free...

Kind Regards,
    Paul.
    Last edited by Paul Matheron; 01-06-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Double Post.
    Last edited by Paul Matheron; 01-06-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it already!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ironic, but I have been running an Online GURPs Monster Hunter-type game for over a year now using MapTools and TeamSpeak 3... Players play agents of Bureau 13; the time is the 1920s! Just thought I'd say hi!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

What time/day is your game running? Interested in my custom built GURPs framework for MapTools?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Skywise,
    Will be sorting out a time in near future, something everyone can get to. I'm fairly flexible so something should be easy(ish) to work out.

As for your GURPS Framework for MapTools, I'd certainly like a look at the very least...

Kind Regards,
    Paul.