Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hobbit Holes: Low Impact Woodland Homes. Plans included for real life and for gaming purposes.
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Hobbit Holes: Low Impact Woodland Homes. Plans included for real life and for gaming purposes.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Your WFRP love is appreciated!

4 40.00%
  • Hey! Where are all those WFRP threads/polls you've been promising us?

4 40.00%
  • Very cool link, Thoth. Thanks for sharing.

5 50.00%
  • Oh yes, I can use these plans for my games wherever halflings live.

2 20.00%
  • Hobbits? Sorry, I only play halflings.

1 10.00%
  • Aren't halflings and hobbits the same animal?

0 0%
  • Halflings fall under that gnome nonsense in my games! i refuse to acknowledge them.

0 0%
  • I'd love to live in one of those homes.

5 50.00%
  • Eww! Bugs gotta be a problem. I'll keep living in what i have, thank you!

1 10.00%
  • Very cool. I will be using this im my game/s. See game/s listed, below.

1 10.00%
  • I wish I was a Hobbit. Beer, pipeweed, and frolicking is the only way to live, IMO.

2 20.00%
  • Me loves plump Hobbit women!

2 20.00%
  • Me loves plump Hobbit Men!

0 0%
  • Adventuring makes one late for dinner!

2 20.00%
  • Other, for those that that just want to participate in polls.

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Hobbit Holes: Low Impact Woodland Homes. Plans included for real life and for gaming purposes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Hobbit Holes: Low Impact Woodland Homes. Plans included for real life and for gaming purposes.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hobbit Holes: Low Impact Woodland Homes. Plans included for real life and for gaming purposes.

Poll: You can make multiple choices!

http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm <-- LINK for thread/poll.

http://www.google.com/images?q=hobbi...w=1419&bih=727 <-- Link for google pics of other Hobbit Holes.

I use these plans whenever DM'ing games primarily with WFRP, and my dnd games.

What's really cool about the link to the Hobbit Hole site is that it lets one not only know that such buildings are reasonable and realistic; the plans can also be used in games whenever dealing with Hobbit Homes, or to a lesser degree, Gnome homes.

Fleeting thought: If I came into some bucks, and lived in the right locale, I'd have a Hobbit Hole, aka Low Woodland Home built. Within the link (see above) is another link that lists a site that specializes in the building of these types of houses. Enjoy browsing!

Thoughts or feelings? Feel free to share them.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 01-01-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Earth sheltered" I've considered the idea myself if I had the budget, and a reason to move. There are many advantages and few drawbacks. I like the house pictured in the first link. Cozy indeed.

They seem ideal in areas that cover most of North America. Storm resistance (Nothing is storm proof), well insulated, be it heat or cold you are escaping.

Drawbacks that I can see are; it isn't a great lowlands building style, floods would be a problem unless you mound earth up, and don't dig in. Sutations like my current home, a narrow subdivided lot. I don't have space for an earth mound unless the whole neighborhood was built that way. It is spendy in footprint.

I still like the idea. I wouldn't mind having more than ten feet between me and the house next door.
    Last edited by tesral; 01-03-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me loves plump Hobbit women! I also would love to live there with my hobbit wife!

Together we would play a unique role-play game called clerks and cashiers set in modern times (during down time maybe french maids and Frodo) . It would be perfect!
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.