Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Proud Parent Moments in Gaming

Downloads
    Uploads

Proud Parent Moments in Gaming

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I've been mentioning it around the boards. My son, Eddie, aged seven, asked to play D&D. He's playing the Basic set because I think that's a good introduction for such a young person. I keep it simple and eventually, his cousins and one of his friends may join him.

He died his first game out, as I did when I first played at age nine. It hasn't discouraged him. He went out again with another character, the same actually with better stats as he is quickly becoming savvy about the game.

Anyway, he just completed "The Ghost of Lion Castle" and did a great job. Between that and the previous adventure, he has leveled up to second level. I am really proud of the way he handled himself in both adventures and he's thrilled that he gained more hit points and can cast two first level spells now. He doesn't feel like a one trick pony anymore.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever felt such pride in their kids' gaming abilities.
    Last edited by drewshi; 08-23-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Missing a Preposition

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can only hope that my boys both take after me in that regard. ^^ they are a little young yet.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here with my daughters.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, both my kids play, and my 17 year old son also GM's most of the time he plays with non adults. He rp's in both 3.5 an 4.0, owning almost every book WotC printed. He has also played some sci-fi games a long time ago but has found he enjoys fantasy mostly. He prefers to play fighters but also plays spell casters. He also likes to play obnoxious halflings like Tassaloff or rogues.

My daughter is not quite as addicted as he is but really enjoys playing fighter types, especially Paladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My daughter plays a fighter in my 4e campaign and so far her character has not died, granted the campaign just started, but she is doing very well, I tried twice before and but she just did not understand what was going on. So now a year or so later and she is playing and more importantly enjoying it.