Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wish List

Downloads
    Uploads

The Wish List

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Let us speak now of dreams. What is your dream RPG product? What is the thing that if you stepped into your FLGS would make you go immediately, "whoa. I must own this." It doesn't have to be fantasy or D&D specific. It doesn't have to be practical. The only requirement is that the reason it wows you is content. In other words, I am disallowing answers like 'Every D&D book for a buck.' The wow there is not content but price.

I'll start. My dream would be a fantasy adventure module of 'Red Hand of Doom' level quality packaged with every miniature and battle map necessary to play it. You pick it up and you are good to go.

Any others? Do I dream alone?

Gary

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to get my hands on the 5-box D&D series of yesteryear. It kills me that I didn't keep those.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    I'd love to get my hands on the 5-box D&D series of yesteryear. It kills me that I didn't keep those.
    Do you mean the basic, expert, companion, masters and immortal box sets? Dude...you should pickup the Rules Cyclopedia. It compiles, clarifies and completes all the rules (save for some of the immortal) from those five boxsets into one hardback. You can find it on ebay or even in used book stores once in a while.

Gary

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by gdmcbride View Post
    Let us speak now of dreams. What is your dream RPG product? What is the thing that if you stepped into your FLGS would make you go immediately, "whoa. I must own this." It doesn't have to be fantasy or D&D specific. It doesn't have to be practical. The only requirement is that the reason it wows you is content. In other words, I am disallowing answers like 'Every D&D book for a buck.' The wow there is not content but price.
    I could easily walk into any store and spend $500 or more on books and modules.

The product I would like is internet access to all WotC D&D material, in text format easy to cut and paste from, with a good search function across books for class, race, skills, monsters that reside in swamps, etc. I would price it at $500 up front plus a $50 yearly maintenance fee. Perhaps for another $100 each, you could also get access to everything on Eberron, Forgotten Realms, etc. That way I wouldn't be concerned about my investment becoming obsolete with the next edition.

I like to support local stores, even though I can buy books cheaper at Amazon and other gargantuan discount outlets.
    Last edited by Ed Zachary; 03-24-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pre-painted Dalek miniatures, in 25mm scale.

Whatever weird home-brew idea I have fully worked out by somebody else. Although my reaction would probably be, "whoa, they're spying on my brain with rays."

The official FATE 3.0 rule set. (In a FLGS? Hah!)

An OGL science fiction game not based on d20 Modern ... ideally classless and level-less. Something like an updated Traveller.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    non random, non collectible pre-painted minis... including "battle groups" of say a dozen various orcs or drow.

and as a Forgotten Realms fan... a annual addition to the campaign setting updating all information to pull together all the new events in canon material; such as from novels.

3.5 versions of the classic modules... and I don't mean crappy re-hashes like the god awful Tomb of Horrors remake that WotC posted on their website.. .. Acererak was a proto- demilich, and the suggested level range for the module was 11th... WTF is a proto-demilick... *yack

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmsDM View Post
    non random, non collectible pre-painted minis... including "battle groups" of say a dozen various orcs or drow.
    ooooh! Yeah, that one! I want that one too!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmsDM View Post
    Reaper has answered your wish. The Legendary Encounters line of prepainted plastics will be released in June, according to the website. Orcs are in the first wave, but no drow yet. Three identical orcs will costs you $6.99 or you can buy them individually for $2.49.

Gary

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gdmcbride View Post
    The Legendary Encounters line of prepainted plastics will be released in June, according to the website. Orcs are in the first wave, but no drow yet. Three identical orcs will costs you $6.99 or you can buy them individually for $2.49.
    Any Daleks?

No, but seriously, are there any links or photos?
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    Any Daleks?

No, but seriously, are there any links or photos?
    No daleks and no photos yet, but supposedly they are coming.

The photos ... I mean.

Gary

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    I'm curious... I've never owned a miniature in my life, and I've played D&D for over 20 years.

What do they add to the game?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    I'm curious... I've never owned a miniature in my life, and I've played D&D for over 20 years.

What do they add to the game?
    I've long had this very same question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. You guys just gave me a brain-tumor! Never asked myself THAT!?
    Just posed it to 2 of my players, who sit there looking at me dumbstruck, saying, "Uhhhhhhhh..."

Thousands of dollars invested in what!?!?
    Still, the Colossal Dragon still kicks ass. (and, no, it has not found it's way into our game yet... SO!?!? ...looks nice...)
    " 'He looks at me as if he's Sensing Motive'? What the hell is THAT supposed to mean!?"
    -our party rogue, clarifying a DM comment
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Famous (Rogue) Last Words: "Relax, i've done this a million times..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW Guys, I've had the 'investment in minutures before. I gave it upover twenty years ago infavor of my triumphant LEGO tackle box. just the right size for those 26 mm game flats (hex sheets). And so the world turns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Minis can be fun, if used properly. Some people respond more favorably to a visual aide when playing a character, and occasionally even reconfigure some of their choices in the character creation process in order to more closely match with a cool looking mini that they've just found/purchased.

Also, if you are playing a more regimented, combat-oriented game (such as D&D), minis can be very fun when conducting battles, and for some players, it forces them to make definite decisions regarding character placement for area effects and the like, rather than just having them say "I'm over by the door" and then when the fireball goes off, they try to retro-actively tweak their location in order to avoid it's effect.

There's plenty of games that minis probably don't really make sense for, if the combat is downplayed or is very abstracted. But it's nice to have something to look at sometimes, it makes it more 'real' for many people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast