Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Looking for Nautical Miniatures
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Nautical Miniatures

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for Nautical Miniatures

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Does anyone recall a miniature game in the early 90s that used resin cast sail driven boats? They were scaled for the 25mm crew and canons (which were metal cast). I've tried some web searches but haven't come across anything. I did find one site that had boats similar but the scale did not look right. Anyway, if someone could point me in a direction of something similar I would appriciate it.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know the name myself but sounds interesting!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't guarantee that he'll know, but I will see if anyone from my tabletop group knows about this game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember some boats like that but not any game that used them. I though them more than a touch pricey. I remember the boats being cast foam resin, not the solid (and heavy) stuff.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    I remember some boats like that but not any game that used them. I though them more than a touch pricey. I remember the boats being cast foam resin, not the solid (and heavy) stuff.
    Likely we are speaking of the same thing, if I recall they were a bit pricy. As far as being made for a game, I always assumed they were as I saw them used with the same set of rules at multiple cons back then. However its possible they were just the conveinent model of the day. Someone (on another forum) had given me a link to something like them once, but that link has since died.

The ships did have removable decks, and I believe wooden masts. Id really like to find something like them, even if it is an oop that I can pull a pattern from.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to help. I have seen wooden no glue flat pack models. No idea who makes them. I think there was a ship among the buildings. There are paper models; some truly nice ones too. Those are inexpensive to buy but time consuming to make. If you want they can be improved with other materials.

I scratch my own.

(Typing with cat in lap.)

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might try World Works. http://www.worldworksgames.com/store...products_id=27

I am most fond of their stuff. It is made for the 25/32mm minis we all know and love. It is a piece I ahve wanted to buy, but my campaign is so far removed from any body of water remotely suited for a boat of this stature.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was the one I was thinking of. I couldn't remember the name.

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    You might try World Works. http://www.worldworksgames.com/store...products_id=27

I am most fond of their stuff. It is made for the 25/32mm minis we all know and love. It is a piece I ahve wanted to buy, but my campaign is so far removed from any body of water remotely suited for a boat of this stature.
    Ah go ahead and buy it! I did!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it's on sale. But I already bought like three of their sets in the past few weeks and have yet found time to even unzip any of them. But maybe after Christmas when money is not so tight. I still have kids that NEED presents. And not the inexpensive Barbie and Tonka stuff. NO, I need to by guitar amplifiers, and Iphones.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ipod nano 150 bucks.

San disk Sansa mp3 player 35 bucks. 8 gig SDHC card 12 bucks.

Never dealing with Apple or I tunes - priceless.

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, for the last couple of years, I Tunes. I had no idea only an Apple product could play them. She has copied a couple of her dad's old mp3 and they work, but her Mp3's will not play on my player. I offered it to her and she laughed at me. She informed me that she needed an IPhone. Like the one she had stolen at school.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understand about the tight money situation very well mrken! Also understand about children who want very expensive presents!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I don't understand is proprietary systems like Apple. Why on earth would you make your stuff only playable only on your machines. No more money for Apple. I will now buy my music from sources who don't have their noses stuck up in the air. lol

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called customer lock in. Microsoft does it with Office and Windows. The only reason for the .docx format was to keep Open Office from opening the files. "Trial" versions of Messy Office only save in docx. So if you use the trial version you have to pay the fee to get your documents back. Mind you they don't tell you this up front. The first hit is always free.

Has anyone found any other paper ships scaled for 25/28?

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast