Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best world locations for zombie apocalypse?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best world locations for zombie apocalypse?

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best world locations for zombie apocalypse?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Been wanting to set a zombie game in this weird...real life planet thing I think it's called?

Anyway, where would you stick confused people with zombies and give them the ok-go?

Been thinking Russian mountains, Pacific Islands, and Permanent bases in Antarctica. But if you have better ideas tell me so I can shamelessly steal them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your hometown.

No, seriously. You've got a ready-made setting which you are already familiar with right at your fingertips, complete with friends and family that you can throw at the players (in zombified form, of course).

Failing that, small-town America, or some Southern plantation house far from the nearest town. Malls are also cool, if a little cliched.
    "I think that I think. Therefore... I think that I am!"
    - Jack Snipe, in Erfworld

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Foolamancer is right. Use your hometown. Besides, nothing makes a game more enjoyable than when you describe neighbors as some of the zombies.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to run this game online, but with some local players in it. So at best it is applicable, but I wouldn't want to ostracize other participants by saying "You know the hill by the Dollar General? They're down there just picture that." where only a few people would get it.

Thank you though it is a good idea and if I do run an IRL game I'll use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is any one watching the Walking Dead on AMC? Awesome show, the human interaction is what sells the show! Use any nearby metropolitan are that people can relate to... the rest will come. Don't go hometown, just near town. Just enough for passing familiarity, but not enough for full scale ownership. Then sell it with human drama. I really love the zombie thing, especially slow ZOMBIES.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Is any one watching the Walking Dead on AMC? Awesome show, the human interaction is what sells the show! Use any nearby metropolitan are that people can relate to... the rest will come. Don't go hometown, just near town. Just enough for passing familiarity, but not enough for full scale ownership. Then sell it with human drama. I really love the zombie thing, especially slow ZOMBIES.
    Yeah. My only problems with it are the face make-up is sometimes under done, and the thing with the whole "Zombie scent cover" seems like it wouldn't work, but if it did %100 of the time, it would make for a pretty boring easy-out. "Hundreds of them? Everyone slather on some dead guy and lets pack up."

Other than that it's a good show.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I watched episode 1. It was okay.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Almost at the end of the season for that show. One left at the time of this post, and so far 1 and 4 have been my favorite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After seeing the last show, it's obvious to anyone who has read the comic that they're not following that story line exactly. I'm fine with that because it keeps the show unpredictable and I like it so far. I'd feel a little cheated if they were following the comic exactly, after all, I've been reading it from the beginning and really don't need them to retell it via TV!

Back to the topic, I'd say basing your campaign around an area that people are familiar with makes for an interesting game. More importantly, it allows for the GM to have psychological impact when the players run into a zombified next door neighbor!
    Last edited by Skunkape; 12-01-2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One of our neighbors is a freemason. I can't in good faith have an apoplectic game without blaming the Freemasons. So he would probably get away from the zombies in his super underground bullet train that runs off of baby panda tears.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HEY! How'd you know about the super underground bullet-train?? Just stay where you are... the black van will be pulling up outside your house in a few moments.

(sorry, I"ve been a Freemason for years!)

Why us? It would make as much sense to blame an organized religion OR even more sense to blame a ginormous business (one that owns several media outlets!!).

Oh, and it isn't baby panda tears. It's the pained squeals of kittens and puppies. If you're gonna spill our secrets, at least get them right!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
    HEY! How'd you know about the super underground bullet-train?? Just stay where you are... the black van will be pulling up outside your house in a few moments.
    Shhhh, you weren't supposed to inform him that the van was on it's way!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post

(sorry, I"ve been a Freemason for years!)

Why us? It would make as much sense to blame an organized religion OR even more sense to blame a ginormous business (one that owns several media outlets!!).

Oh, and it isn't baby panda tears. It's the pained squeals of kittens and puppies. If you're gonna spill our secrets, at least get them right!!
    Because I know enough about the Freemasons. How they started, why they are the organization that they are. I know about the lowly little clubs where it's really just a bunch of guys drinking... And then I know about the ones in Scotland where they do have the high ranking officials and deal in some crazy rituals. I don't mean they kill people or control the world, but I know that there are a lot of robes and swords involved.

Just an organization I got really interested in at one point, and they're just ominous enough to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape View Post
    Shhhh, you weren't supposed to inform him that the van was on it's way!
    Now I'm suspicious...

Downloads
    Uploads
    At this moment the Knights Templar are heading to your domicile to eradicate the unfaithful. Repent now!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Watch their call sign "The 300 (+7)" is a sign of the masons rebellion! Evil incarnate... They will destroy you! God have mercy on your soul.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    At this moment the Knights Templar are heading to your domicile to eradicate the unfaithful. Repent now!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Watch their call sign "The 300 (+7)" is a sign of the masons rebellion! Evil incarnate... They will destroy you! God have mercy on your soul.
    The 300 + 7 came from the April Fools day attempt at breaking the "Most users online" record. Which was my idea. Have I been a part of this evil organization the whole time?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast