Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Its A Shame

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Sounds like no matter the format anyone plays...table...post...we all have the same problems of keeping a group together. Its frustrating, I dont remember having that problem when I was younger. Than again none of had any responsibilities outside of school. Ahh the good ol days huh? Play for hours and hours on end and let the world pass you by.
    That is one of my major motivations for being a game designer. I have an excuse now to play that is legitimately associated with business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Littles View Post
    That is one of my major motivations for being a game designer. I have an excuse now to play that is legitimately associated with business.
    I started college in 1992 with my course's geared toward game design. I dont know about now but back then there was no degree in the field (at lest in my area). My faculty adviser was at a loss and offered no advice. So I took anything that might have been relevant, history, critical writing, english etc. My goal (as a young man of 20) was to work for TSR and nothing was going to stop me...until...this "new technology" came along...computers. I switched my major (under considerable pressure) and have been living with that regret for almost 20 years. One of the worst decisions I ever made.

Im sure I dont have to tell you but the old saying is true, "If you love what you do you will never work another day in your life". I read a little bit about Inceptum Terminus. It reminded me of a RPG I use to play in the 90's, Twilight 2000 published by Game Designers Workshop. Congratulations Richard for living your dream and having your hard work pay off. Im truly jealous....
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well thank ya bud and don't be too jealous. T:2k was one of my inspirations and the original storyline for IT followed something along similar lines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought you might have played T:2k (thats cool). Not to many people have heard of it, well at lest in Oklahoma. When I played on the East Coast (Washington DC, Shenandoah Valley in VA) it was around. It was always good to play when we took a D&D break. I wish it would have caught on more than what it did...IE a bigger fan base. I dont suppose you have any of the original rules and materials, Richard?

For anyone reading this and might be interested, I copied this from Wikipedia: Twilight 2000 is a role-playing game set in the aftermath of World War III (the "Twilight War"). The premise is that the United States/NATO and the Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact have fought a lengthy conventional war, followed by a (limited) nuclear war with all its consequences. Characters in the game are survivors of the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_2000
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a lot of the supplements for T2K and the first two editions of the game. I prefer 1E over 2E because it just makes a lot more mechanical sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12