Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: d20
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Bi-Monthly
Days of Week: Wednesday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: rptools.net
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(rptools.net)

Thread: The Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation The Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am a GM starting a Wheel of Time roleplaying game on rptools.net. We are still looking for 2-3 players and then we can get the game started. I will use the system in the rulebooks, which is basically 3rd edition D&D with some modifications for spell casting. This is up for debate, I am not emotionally attached to the d20 system and if enough players want I would be willing to change systems.

The game will take place on alternating Wednesdays from 6pm to 10pm CST. The game takes place during the same age as the books and I am using a prefab campaign for the first six levels that puts you directly in the war against the Dark One.

As I mentioned the game will take place using map tools and we will be using Obsidian Portal to keep notes, character information and to keep in contact. The page is viewable here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wot
    Last edited by Nufan1210; 08-27-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have three players, looking for a fourth. PM or reply if interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still in need of one player. Game to start on September 15th so there is plenty of time to join up!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I'm interested in joining the game but this will be the first time I'll be playing WoT. I have the 3.5 ed of Ad&d books, but I'm not sure
    how that would help in character generation for this game, assuming you let me in the game.

Time difference won't matter since it'll be 7am-11am thursdays for me and we're playing online that is.

So do pm me if its cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The WoT rpg has so much potential, but it falls flat on execution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoZiden View Post
    The WoT rpg has so much potential, but it falls flat on execution.
    Amen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This can be said of many RPG's. What it takes to make the game work is good dialog between the players and the GM, and vice versa. If the players think that the game is missing something, I want to know about it. If I agree (which I probably will) I will do my best to find something in one of the fan created supplements, a D&D rule modified to work in WoT, or create a house rule to fix the problem.

Kral and XenoZiden, I would love to hear what problems you have had with the WoT RPG. Maybe it is something I will be able to fix before we run into in game.

-Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    the classes all felt half-done or in some cased not even that much. I DMed one with kral and a couple others. We played two game, and I think things might have kept going, but time differences and such.

But before the game started I spent 2-3 weeks overhauling the system for use with pathfinder updating classes and general other things. if you'd like I could upload the files if I still have them.

Actually I'll just post it for you. I was meaning it to be a Full ~100 page netbook release, but since the game fell apart kinda quickly due to time, well I stopped work on it. But here's what I had which should be more than enough to get things rolling.

http://rapidshare.com/files/417620976/WoT_Revisions.pdf

here are a couple notes
    -Channeling classes were merged into one class "channeler" it made no sense to have a wilder class and a Initiate class then the only difference was backstory and mechanically they were nearly identical.
    -Most classes have had Class features added.
    -All classes are generally more powerful
    -Weapon finesse is meant to effect Damage as well with this. This was more of a personal preference since I saw no reason for it to be otherwise.
    -Most classes have generally more flavor.
    -I've included the Wolfbrother feat list and a warder feat list of my own in this release. The wolf brother feat list is from another netbook, but the warder is my own. I felt that doing this two as prestige classes was wrong and that feats did them much better.

Feel free to change anything you don't like of course.
    Last edited by XenoZiden; 09-07-2010 at 08:04 AM.