Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Non magical ranger?

Downloads
    Uploads

Non magical ranger?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I remember seeing a non magical ranger variant somewhere. I thought it was in Unearthed Arcana, but when I recently tried to find it, it wasn't there. Anyone know what book this was in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a variant Ranger in the Complete Warrior. They do not get divine spells. They get Fast Movement at 6th level, Nature's Blessing at 11th level, Healing Touch at 13th level and Freedom of Movement at 16th level for compensation. There is are ranger variants in other sources like Iron Kingdoms. It does seem to me there was another official variant, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More fun: let's build one.

I'd say just use a fighter, but you might be wanting to include the ranger's skill set. And I bet you can't do without his medium-heavy armor penalties, too. So perhaps work toward Fighter from Ranger.

Ranger stuff to keep: skills, special abilities (like favored enemy).
    Stuff to ditch: spells, light armor limitation?

How non-magical do you want? Animal Companion is actually a Magical Beast, so you might like to revert to 3.0's animal friendship style.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    There is a variant Ranger in the Complete Warrior. They do not get divine spells. They get Fast Movement at 6th level, Nature's Blessing at 11th level, Healing Touch at 13th level and Freedom of Movement at 16th level for compensation. There is are ranger variants in other sources like Iron Kingdoms. It does seem to me there was another official variant, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
    I don't have Complete Warrior, so I don't think that is where I saw it, however it sounds very close if not the same as what I had seen, so I will check it out. Since it's not in any of the source books I have (that I know are likely to have variants) it may have been in Dragon Magazine that I saw it. So anyway thanks, it seems like that will be a good place to start,

Downloads
    Uploads
    After I posted, I did a quick search on the net. I could find other variants, but none were official non magical ones. You might want to check out the Iron Kingdoms one, which is posted on line. If you do want help deconstructing the ranger and building a new one, give a yell. I love that kind of stuff
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.