Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Heroes of Shadow
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Heroes of Shadow

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heroes of Shadow

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I wanted to see when the Dark Sun game was officially coming out and came across Heroes of Shadow.

From what I get, this is how new classes will be introduced instead of a full PH. I kind of like this. It will be very focused, and I am hoping it will be like a X power and PH combined, but just for classes. What I mean is that it will have as much content for the hexblade as there is for the barbarian in the PH2 and primal power combined.

Smart on WOTC's part, because you don't have to come up with new races (probably will have shadar-kai though), new generic feats, or some new game mechanic (hybrid classing/backgrounds/racial paragon paths, etc...).

Also, I am excited to see what the new classes (not assassin, but hexblade and necromancer) look like. I am assuming no PH4, because the release date is the same as the previous 2 PH's. But we'll see, no?

Thought I'd share.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks pretty cool. One of my players wants to play a necromancer. He keeps telling everyone that it is not really evil. "After all they weren't using those bodies anymore anyway, and with union wages it is really the only sensible alternative".

I don't know about the official release date for Darksun, but the game store that I play at has a "premier" status so they get the books a little early.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is August 17th I think. But back to topic.

I think the best thing about this book will be how to play a class like necromancer without being "evil". Anti-heroes are fun.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I can't wait for this book. I want to see what the other shadow classes are like.
    "Through the hole in the floor, you can see that much of the mountain that used to be below this section of the keep has collapsed with time, as well the floor of the room above has collapsed on the side opposite, making this a hazardous gap to jump."
    "I go back and rip some of the doors off of their ancient hinges, then have the Artificer fuse them together into a bridge."

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks like it can be pretty interesting. The wannabee Arthas from WoW on the cover is amusing though.