Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Gameworld?

Downloads
    Uploads

The Best Gameworld?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    What do you think? I like the setting but I know others who dislike the idea of playing one of the monsters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kinda like the whole playing monsters thing. I'm not a huge White Wolf fan, but I'm ok playing monstrous semi-good guy types.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, playing Monsters rocks. Just the other day I was dressed up in a Godzilla suit stomping through a kid's playland. Barbie got her face smashed into the dirt. There was nothing GI Joe could do about it either.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Since White Wolf killed off Vampire and went towards their Camarilla LARP, have they considered giving character points to participants that bathed regularly (minimum of once per month).

I tried out three different LARPS, and all were dominated by social misfits that had never seen a bar of soap.

Vampire and Mage were good games, but they killed them off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it you are over 30 right Ed? Most role-players under 25 don't bathe regularly. Somewhere in the last decade or so, parents and educators have failed in their duty to teach proper hygiene to our youth.

White Wolf games seem to just attract social misfits, probably due to the insurgience of the popularity of being a goth or emo kid. I loved playing Mage, Vampire, and Werewolf but stopped playing because of the people who dressed as their characters....all the time, 24/7....365 a year....

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    I take it you are over 30 right Ed? Most role-players under 25 don't bathe regularly. Somewhere in the last decade or so, parents and educators have failed in their duty to teach proper hygiene to our youth.

White Wolf games seem to just attract social misfits, probably due to the insurgience of the popularity of being a goth or emo kid. I loved playing Mage, Vampire, and Werewolf but stopped playing because of the people who dressed as their characters....all the time, 24/7....365 a year....
    I guess it all depends on the individuals. I was never a hard core gamer, we did so as a diversion. My core group in college were people who I would not feel ashamed of when out partying at a chick club. We all had girlfriends. After college some of that group left and we found new people. But they all had jobs, were well educated, socially functional, and hygenically proper.

I knew of the hard core gamers, some lived to LARP. They would play almost every day, stink to high hell, and could not role play because they had no life experiences. Well, some did make good Nosferatu. And yeah, I'm in my 40s.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    Vampire and Mage were good games, but they killed them off.
    Vampire and Mage aren't dead. Dude, there are 57 seperate Vamp items and 32 Mage items for sale in the online store, with multiple upcoming releases scheduled for each line. That is hardly 'dead'. 'Thriving' would be a better descriptor for the lines.

If you are referring to the old WoD, well yes, that is dead. Dead in the sense that it is getting no new releases, but very much alive in the sense that people are still playing it and the books are (mostly) pretty easy to find.

But honestly, the world needed a reboot. You may not like all the decisions they made with the nWoD (I know I don't), but one can hardly argue that the oWoD needed a breath of fresh air.

Gary

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    We played more Dark Ages than Masquerade. Most of us were big on history and not goth clubbers. I've actually visited most of the cities in the Transylvania series, and had lived in Budapest for three years.

I enjoyed playing Sabbat characters, and at times role played in Spanish. My Hungarian wasn't that good, but I could throw in a few lines for effect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoyed playing a Lasombra who worked behind the scenes. Usually I was pretty ancient so I learned a spot of Latin to appear authentic. It was hilarious to ask the guy at Borders for book on Latin. He kept telling me that no one spoke Latin anymore but I ended up finding quite a selection of books at Borders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is Vampire and Mage? Can i have some links?
    Death is the ultimate life.Who wants life?(I think i'm crazy,so don't*insert spaz attack here*think i'm doing that.)

http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=17780

Search this link everyone.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vampire: The Requiem and Mage: The Awakening, both of which are part of the World of Darkness by White Wolf.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    Death is the ultimate life.Who wants life?(I think i'm crazy,so don't*insert spaz attack here*think i'm doing that.)

http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=17780

Search this link everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget Changeling the Dreaming, Werewolf the Apocalypse, and Mummy

All the super-cool kids play Changeling......just don't get too banal.....
    Last edited by Digital Arcanist; 08-26-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: mispelling of the word "too"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    Most role-players under 25 don't bathe regularly. Somewhere in the last decade or so, parents and educators have failed in their duty to teach proper hygiene to our youth.

Is that why I don't fit in with them, I thought it was because I'm nearly 40? I love goth and emo ! Goth chicks rock hard!!!!! Does anyone know of a oderant I could use? That way I could keep my job which I need to bathe for, and then get smelly to hang with the cool kids at night.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads

currently playing:
    D&D Expedition to Undermountain - GMing
    Star Wars D6, Battletech RPG, D20 Modern Dark Matter - Player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast