Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Rough Benchmarks?

Downloads
    Uploads

Rough Benchmarks?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hiya folks!

Just bought the game and I really like what I'm seeing. Has anybody statted out any DC or Marvel Heroes for the game? I always do that with a new system, just to set some benchmarks for myself and my group.

Barring some actual write-ups, maybe you guys could just provide me with some sense of where "peak human" stats might lie?

I was thinking something like this for Fortitude:

1D = Weak (Aunt May)
    2D = Human Average (Average Joe)
    3D = Athletic Human (Cyclops)
    4D = Supeior Training (Daredevil)
    5D = Peak Human (Captain America)

Do you guys think that these are too high? Would something like this be better?

1D = Aunt May
    2D = Human Average
    3D = Well Trained Humans (Cyclops, Daredevil)
    4D = Peak Human (Captain America)

I understand, of course, that as a Resistance Fortitude only yields a maximum of 18, regardless of how many dice are rolled.

Let me try the same for Reaction:

1D = Weak (Aunt May)
    2D = Human Average (Average Joe)
    3D = Athletic Human (Cyclops)
    4D = Supeior Training (Hawkeye)
    5D = Peak Human (Captain America, Daredevil)
    6D = Superhuman (Spider-Man, Night Crawler)

Or, would it be better to do this:

1D = Aunt May
    2D = Human Average
    3D = Well Trained Humans (Cyclops, Hawkeye)
    4D = Peak Human (Captain America, Daredevil)
    5D = Superhuman (Spider-Man, Nightcrawler)

Again, I understand that only the best 3 dice of the pool count, even at what I'm calling the "superhuman" range. It's just that more dice give more chances of a superior success.

Anyway, let me know if I have the scaling right here. (Right now I'm thinking that the second vesion comes closest to what the game designer intended.) In the meantime, thanks for a fantastic system!

Best,

Dragonfly
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-26-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: To correct an error on the reaction benchmarks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'm glad you like SUPERS!
    Yeah, I think the second version seems about right. I might have to nick your charts to put in my "SUPERS! Extra Extra" freebie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy Simon,

Cool! Please nick my charts as you see fit! If I come up with something more refined (and something that includes composure and willpower) I'll send it your way in case it's useful.

As for the "Supers Extra Extra" - I hadn't heard about that yet. Is there an ETA? Sounds cool!

Anyhow, thanks for a great game. I think I'm going to try and get my group to play it this weekend.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hiya folks!
    I understand, of course, that as a Resistance Fortitude only yields a maximum of 18, regardless of how many dice are rolled.
    Just a quick question, if I may, is this 18 limit true if you have say 5D in your fortitude, having spent 2D from your powers, or do you just take the total of the 5D when resisting damage using your fortitude?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there,

I'd like an answer for this too. I'm not 100% sure. My understanding is that the 18 cap is always in place when you are rolling resistances - even if you buffed up those resistances with points from your Power Pool. Resistances, basically, are always assumed to be "mundane." The maximum is still 18, if even if you have a fortitude of 10D. Aptitudes are similarly considered "mundane."

Powers, on the other hand, are always considered to be "super." So, if you have Armor 5D you add up all the dice. In this case, you CAN break the limit of 18. Your maximum result in this particular example is 30.

What I'm wondering is if there SHOULD be "super" versions of all the resistances (and even aptitutdes). We have, for instance, Super Strength, which allows characters to break the "mundane" cap for lifting purposes. Should there be powers like Super Reflexes, or Super Will, or Super Investigator that allow these abilities to be used to achieve truly super things. For instance - should Reed Richards have some sort of Super Scientist aptitude? Or is building a time machine achievable with an 18 result?

What do you guys think?

Best,

Dragonfly