Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Dark Future
System Used: Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Chicago (or near)
State: Illinois
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Chicagoland Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Its all good, the first session you missed, Dm didnt bring the chars so we played a hero-quest styed board game that was actually pretty sweet. Last session was short as Dm has been busy with moving, injury and sickies. We decided to bring Pendulum along so you could earn xps and for continuities sake. Killed some yetis and climbed up a mountain that was about it.

WEve been meeting in park ridge at Eds house at around 1, if you dont want to do public trans i can give you a ride if you want to take the red line to morse.

Also, if Andy isnt ready for more DH, I can run a Dnd game if we ar einterested. I have a great idea for a short campaign where the players get trapped in the wake of atime traveling monk and end up in a strange and distant future.

Also I have like 6 magic decks that are pretty good, as well as hundreds of Munchkin cards. Illuminati with a few expansions and Illuminati Crimelords which is a super bad ass mafia building card game. I know how Andy likes his quests to be perfect so if hes not ready we should hve something else planned to keep things interesting.

Last thing- the new book for DH is out as Andy mentioned. Try to download it as Im sure there is plenty of nice technology for us to hunt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jake, welcome back. Like Cass said, you're really not that far behind us.

As long as we're talking about rotating games, I would love to do Axis and Allies sometime. Also, Christmas vacation (which my school calls "Winter Holiday" woot political correctness!) starts for me on 12/17/10 until 1/3/2011. I have been itching to run a D&D campaign for a long time, with a focus on mounted combat. What I could do is try to write up about a dozen adventures in the course of my time off and run them throughout the spring.

If that sounds cool to you, I'll put in the time to flesh out a variant rule system for mounts, attack strategies, as well as how would a wizard benefit by being mounted. I only know 3.5 so that's where it will be though.

Or we can continue on with Dark Heresy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hero-Quest style of game does indeed sound fun!

Cass: Yeah, I definitely want a ride. Especially the first time at a new place, so I'm not wandering around aimlessly. (also the car is a much better venue to show off your music recording's than Andy's crappy laptop speakers). I need your cell number.

Nick: Axis and Allies would be great! I loved that game. There is an open source version of the game that I play online sometimes, if anyone needs to learn how to play.
    http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

I'd also be up for some D&D as a change of pace. I think Nick's adventure sounds more interesting (since I generally don't like time travel or magic teleporters). Though I also think Cass is probably the more seasoned DM. If anyone has a digital rule cheet-sheet thingy I would be greatful.

Andy: I know you have lots of helpful .pdf files. I'd like very much to get my mitts on some of them. As for DH, I think the one thing we really need is more NPC's to interact with. We've not come across a single town or civilization yet? Also, I'm still waiting for some super Space Hulk action! I know it's only a 2pl game in theory, but we could easily divide space marines up as needed amongst players. I have no idea when to call you, since your schedule is crazy.

Another interesting game I own is the Game of Thrones board game (yes, based of the books). It's a bit like diplomacy, except it uses cards to determine battle results.
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...te.asp?eidm=46

As a last resort, I could run Shadowrun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh shadowrun, my favortiest setting ever.

The future thin was mostly inspired by a show life after people, the ruins looked so bad ass. Dun hafta do it tho, i have an infinite am ount of ideas.

the whole time traveling monk is a character from the novels i am writing, he teleports uncontrollably at random times. I was gonna have u get caught in the wake of this and swept up with him. He would turn and be like, thats never happened before, then he would disappear again, leaving the party stranded in a strange ruined future. it would actually be really good as a climax stall, like you get to the epic last fight and it hapens. awesome.

My play style is very different from andys, i spend very little time writing out descriptions and so forth, that is mostly improvised oon the spot. also everything will evolve into epic stories, its one of my natural born talents. don't be surprised if you end up with first row seats for the apocalypse.

My homebrew setting is based heavily on our own history though many of the cultures have been replaced by monsterous analgum. For instance, if you are in an orcish city they are speaking russian and drinking vodka. and most likely comunist.

Also the magic system is more situational and depends on available mana sources. it is heavily based on magic the gathering of course. in most cases it will mean that powerful spells may take time to build up to cast but also mages will have an easier access to more spells.

Id be moe than happy to incorporate mounted characters if thats what is interesting. Not sure if you want more mounted characters or wanted to run a game though Nick.

Ive only played axis and allies once and I wasnt a huge fan but it was along time ago and i was playing with deuche bags. How long do the games take? I am intrigued because being able to be nazis is awesome, if only for a few hours. Silly nazis.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

o yeah and the 16th is gonna have to be a short day for me, I need to be in chicago ridgefor Ring of Honor by 7. that means i will probly hafta leave around 4, I dont want to miss the dark matches.

ROH ROH ROH ROH!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like Cass has a better developed world to adventure in. I generally draw my inspiration from what I call "classical fantasy," i.e. folklore, fairy tales, mythology. For instance, if we're going to play dungeons and dragons, there damn well better be a dragon or two in the campaign, or so I believe.

Axis and Allies takes as long as you want it to take. Some people will spend hours planning out their turns, which makes the game drag on. We can institute a play clock like they have in chess. The writing is generally on the wall after everyone's gone 5-7 turns, which translates to about 6 hours of play time.

Lastly, I will be out of town 10/16, since I am the best man at my brother's wedding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I havent heard from jake or andy at this point, ill need to be leaving rather soon to get to Eds at 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys! Just a bit of an update on my progress with the adventure. I have decided that to keep the game a bit more entertaining, i'm going to inject and element of... humor (gasp!) into the adventure you guys are currently playing in. Yes, yes, i know... In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war, but i think a few light hearted characters and places might go a long way toward improving the overall tone of what i'm trying to accomplish. Anyway, it's coming along nicely and i should have more then enough material to play for a whole session by the time next week rolls along.

Next week Ryan will be joining us, so we'll have quite a full party going. He intends to play a psyker, and probably a pious, imperial sort.

I will be coming to chicago on Saturday to finish cleaning out my house, so if anyone is interested in hangin' let me know, maybe we can do Space Hulk or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ryan is a cool dude, hell fit in really easy like.

Im busy pretty much all day saturday unfortunately, going to go get some dVDs signed by Christopher Daniels and then go see him get his ass kicked by DAvie Richards.

good times.

I wonder if Ryan still has his gaea's cradles...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope everybody is ready for tomorrow, it should be a good time. I'll see you all at Ed's place at 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I'll be the one to get this out in the open: The campaign is on life support. Obviously, it isn't working out since we're going week after week of cancellations. I'm not saying we need to pull the plug forever, and there's no hard feelings towards Andy. We just want to have something happening on our saturdays.

So Ed and I were talking about starting up on GURPS. I mean, why not? Ed wants to create a setting. I downloaded "GURPS Lite" which is free...and I'll start with that before jumping into buying a rule book. We want to do some kind of fantasy-scifi merger like in the Phantasy Star RPG series. It might be wierd, but fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, sadly I've had another death in our family. It's been a brutal couple of months.

As for the campaign, I would just add that a once a week commitment has been much harder to maintain than I originally envisioned. I had great fun, you guys are great.

I'd like to still hang out when possible, and continue to play various games. I just can't promise to make it every single week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about these past couple weeks, me and the wifey have been working on a few things, plus we had to get some expensive car maintenance done. Right now i'm not able to make it on saturdays because Kate has decided that she wants to work in Chicago again, and Saturday is one of the nights she has to work. This means that i would have to come out on Saturday early, then drive back to pick up Kate, then drive back to drop her off at work. I would really like to continue playing, but time constraints and the wife's work schedule make it extremely hard. If we could work out another day, that would work much better for me. The wife and i are planning on moving back to Chicago within the next six or eight months, so if nothing else we could start playing again at that time, if it works for everyone. Just keep me updated, lets try to figure something out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats cool Jake and Andy, it seems mostly Nick and Ed have been keepin it together evenwhen they were the only two going for a few weeks. The Gurps campaign seems like it is going to be pretty surreal so we could figure something out to make it so Jake's schedule fits.

Saturday is an OK day for me, but I could do pretty much any other day and be happy too except for sunday and mondays.

Ed was talking about making a new forum for the Gurps game, but I dont think he has yet, so I am gonna post my chars background.

"Ok, agents, we have news today. It seems the impenetrable Salazar cartel has a chink in its armor. Our undercover operatives tell us that there is a faction breaking off and starting a coup soon, under the first lieutenant Hector Ramirez. Operatives in Ramirez's tight inner circle say that the shit is hitting the fan soon. Put this man's face deep in those memory banks, because your job is to find him and bring him in. He is on the short side but don't underestimate him, hes not on the top level of an extrememly dangerous criminal organiztion because of his tasty brownies, which our agents assure me are fantastic. Ramirez should be entering US soil soon to meet with the Cartel's American side of the business. That is where you apprehend him. Good hunting, agents."

Im not sure how you are planning it Ed, but i figure there is plenty to work with there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hot damn. Well it seems you guys are really stoked about getting this campaign going! I'd like to address a few of the previous posts here and then i'll set up the new forum.

First, my regards to Jake and his loss. Thanks for taking the time to excuse your absence also. That type of consideration is why we'd like to have you in our new game group if possible.

@Andy: Sorry to hear you're dropping off from Saturdays but you would have been welcome to the gurps run. Its entirely possible we can continue DH when you move back to Chi.

Cass, brilliant and comedic opener. Salazar huh? between SAMCRO and resident evil 4 I'm sick of that name, so keep using it so I can hate the game villain more!

Nick, uummm what can I say....you're an awesome reliable gamer...and hord d'heurve (sp?) chef. thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...895#post151895

thats the new GURPS thread for whom it may concern. go ahead and post there for anything I might need. Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678