Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Dark Future
System Used: Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Chicago (or near)
State: Illinois
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicagoland Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    As promised, here is a "short" primer on the setting. Chaosate, since you'll be running things let me know if you'd like something addition written with more of a focus on what we might be doing specifically; everyone else, let me know if you have any other questions and whatnot.

http://tomdohm.wordpress.com/2010/07...der-ten-pages/

Downloads
    Uploads
    As promised, here is a "short" primer on the setting.
    Fantastic work. Thanks a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Tom for the nice primer, and thank you Andy for organizing this.

My wife and I had fun just hanging out, and I look forward to seeing you guys. I already ordered the core book and have my d10s out from storage. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you until 8/21, but c'est la vie. While you guys are laughing and having a good time together, try to spare a thought for old Nick in sunny south Florida.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, something came up for this upcoming Saturday the 7th so I won't be able to make it. I should be good on subsequent Saturdays though!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trodamus: Would you be able to do Sunday? or is the entire weekend out for you?

Chaosate: Is is cool if I still come out either way? We can at least roll up a character?

Downloads
    Uploads
    'Fraid not, kind of a family thing that blew the tires off the entire weekend. Nothing big, just...annoying.

Anyway, if it's desired I can roll up a character independently if we want to form a consensus on level, framework, point-buy, etc. Andy had mentioned also including Rogue Trader classes, which would impact starting level at the very least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, if you still want to meet up to work out some characters, that's fine, maybe you can meet the other player. I can do Sunday, so just let me know whats up. Trodamus, i would prefer in person character creation, it helps me get a better over all feel for the intricacies of each individual character. If you want to put together a simple framework on what you would like to play, that would be fine and it would save a bit of time the next time we meet up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'd like to still come out. Saturday is better, I was just offering Sunday to see if it would help Trodamus.

I'll give you a call later in the week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, just a quick note... if you want to play a Dark Heresy character class, that's fine, but a starting Rogue Trader character is approximately a level 5 Dark Heresy character. Just let me know which of the classes are looking good in either book and i'll start adding some stuff to make it specifically challenging for each separate character. I know you were saying you wanted to play a goon, right Shakey? I'm guessing your best bet would be either a Guardsman (Dark Heresy) or an Arch-Militant (Rogue Trader). If you wanted to go with the more criminal route, you could go with the Scum (Dark Heresy).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, mes amis, I just got my copy of the core rule book in the mail yesterday, and this looks fun. A few preliminary thoughts:

1) Best part of the book is pages 202 through 209.

2) I haven't read that closely yet, but it looks like a character's ability to do damage is generally much greater than its ability to take damage. Most of the guns deal around 1d10+2 (more or less) which is on average about 7 point per hit. I believe you start out with about 15 wound points total? And as best I can tell your only way to increase your wound points is Sound Constitution, which is +1, unless we talk about armor which is generally described as "scarce."

Mind you, I'm not complaining, just making the observation that some of us might be very short lived. You might want to make sure your agility is high because winning initiative will count for a lot if I'm right.

Anyway I just had my final exam this morning and am preparing for a 3 hr plane flight. That will give plenty of time for my inner munchkin to come out. See you guys in a couple of weeks, and have fun! May the Emperor guide your dice!

P.S. Shakey, I believe your weapon of choice is the Heavy Stubber. Remember Jesse the Body Ventura in Predator?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chaosate: Still waiting to hear from you about getting together today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE: So I just read up on Dodging, Parrying, and Toughness, so it looks like our deaths are not as imminent as I had previously expected.

Not sure what characters you guys have in mind, but I'm either going to go Assassin, Arbitrator, or Psycher--whichever our group needs. I like the idea of being born and raised in a space craft, so I'll be Void Born. Good Luck, gentlemen, and may the Machine God look on you with favor!

Downloads
    Uploads
    While you are right on one point, Nick, the fact that Dodging, Parrying, and Toughness all come into account when dealing with combat situations, keep in mind that almost every weapon has at least one point of PEN (Penetration... hehe.). This means that the bigger and deadlier weapons (like a melta with it's AP of 12 or 14 depending) can easily wipe out a character in one or MAYBE two shots. I won't lie, it's deadly, but there in lies the suspense, the drama, the sweat. Dodge gains bonuses from a high Agility, but you get more wounds with higher toughness because your wounds are equal to 2 x Toughness Bonus + 1d5 + Y where y is a variable based on the homeworld you select. One more note about PEN: an Arch-Militant starts the game with a hellgun; a highpowered lasgun that has a base PEN of 7 and is capable of unleashing 3 shots a round. If i was to recommend a big gun for your party to carry, it would probably be a heavy bolter if you're looking for a sheet of fire and any kind of melta weapon if you're looking for pure stopping power. Most character classes have a decent starting package when it comes to equipment, and you have a pretty broad range of weapons you can select from or test against your profit to purchase at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to PCs getting the weapons they like and want (to a certain limit) and if it becomes a problem (which it has in the past) i simple compensate by beefing up the baddies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello everyone! I've been working on getting the first adventure/mechanics workshop together for saturday, and I hope you are all as excited as i am. I also just wanted to be sure everyone was up for saturday at noon til at least 6 or 7 and past that if you guys desire. Let me know if this conflicts with your schedule, and if not, just post a confirmation up here so i know you'll be there. Thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be there, ready to go. Any preparations we should take care of?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast