Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Dark Future
System Used: Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Chicago (or near)
State: Illinois
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicagoland Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads

Chicagoland Dark Heresy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello all. I recently moved to chicago and I am looking to either play in or GM a Dark Heresy campaign. I am also looking for a good, not too serious D&D game. I am open to new things, so let me know if you live near me and are up for a game!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be interested. I'm over in Lakeview by the Belmont redline stop. I work 9-5 m-f, but with my fiance I might have other time restrictions as well; can you be any more specific as to when these sessions may happen?

Also, what age are you and/or your prospective players? I'm 27.

Edit: for some reason I did not see your original message. Anyway:

I'm in the same boat as you: generally interested in finding a group, wouldn't mind DH / RT or d20 related things, though I have been living in Chi-town for quite some time.
    Last edited by Trodamus; 07-22-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i didn't really have a specific time... it's pretty much all up to the players (assuming i would be GM) because my schedule is pretty free. I am looking for players of all types, everything from power gamers (to keep the party alive... Dark Heresy is brutal) to rules lawyers to 100% roleplayers. I just turned 25 and the other person i have who's interested is the same age as i am. It's possible i could have one more player also, and she's 24 but is not a definite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys,

I might also be interested. I'm off the brown line Montrose stop. I'm 31.

Never heard of Dark Hersey, but I'd give it a go just for the sake of meeting players. I've ran Shadowrun and Fallout campaigns before, and of course played D&D.

cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that's fine by me. I'm looking for any and all willing players with a desire to laugh and learn. Are you at all familiar with the Warhammer 40,000 universe?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I'm not really familiar with the Warhammer universe, but I read up on it on wiki. I could pull off the Gaurdsman. A money hungry mercenary goon type.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am definitely interested. Dark Heresy is one of those games I have never played, but always wanted to try because the 40K universe is so different.

Logistics may be a bit of a challenge for me, but I'd like to see if something can't come together. I am something of an oldster (mid/late 30s), if that matters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright guys, it looks like we have a decent core group going. I received a message from Shakey suggesting we all meet up at a bar and get to know each other a bit before we actually start playing. I like this idea, as it gives us a chance to check each other out in public and get a drink or two to shave off some of the nervousness. Let me also say that age is NOT a factor here. I welcome players of all ages, and as a matter of fact, i ENJOY having a wide variety of ages playing in a single game; it makes for a better variety of characters and play styles. Now lets see if we can't figure out a good time to meet. Shakey a bar called The Wild Goose tonight at 8. That's a little soon, but if everyone is alright with meeting up tonight, let me know and i'll be there. If that's a good time we can meet up to iron out the details. Thanks for showing interest everybody, and i'm very excited about being able to construct a believable and entertaining pocket in the 40k universe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a meet and greet is a good idea, but tonight is "no can do" for me due to prior plans. Still interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, if tonight is too soon that's fine. We'll schedule it another time.

cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realized tonight is a no go for me as well, but i am willing to meet up on any other day you guys are available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I am interested in getting back into gaming. I have never played Dark Heresy, but as long as it gets me out of the house I'm in! Only downside is I live in North Chicago (by Waukegan) and am in medical school. In other words, I can only do Fridays and Saturdays. Hopefully that's not too restrictive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for meeting for a brew or two, I'm good for the upcoming week, save Saturday where I've got some plans. I'd prefer a day other than Friday for this initial meetup, but I can certainly accommodate if that turns out to be the best option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, how about we try for this Thursday evening? 8:00pm?

http://www.wildgoosebar.com/Welcome.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thursday is good for me, how about for everyone else?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast