Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
High-Fantasy Pathfinder Online Game - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 3
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Biweekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: openRPG
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(openRPG)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High-Fantasy Pathfinder Online Game

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Heya, after Talking to Aleucard via chat I've been convinced on the role of a healer type for the game if you're still looking. I'd be wanting to play cleric/paladin. Incase I have to get into the thick of it to help someone.
    Gaming with an emphasis on gaming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed. Also, fighter/sorc seems a little reduntant. Why be a fighter? So your spellcaster can be tough? It's not something they need, the rest of the party is tough for them. Remember that you must optimize.

Anyway, remember to GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL if you want the excel sheet to put your characters on. That is what we will be using, and rolling up your character on something else is all good and well but you will end up having to put it on the excel sheet anyway, so you might as well cut out the middleman.

Munchie, I'm assuming your going fighter/barb because you want to tank, and the fighter gives you good attack and damage and the barb has rage, right? If you want something to beef yourself up, You could be a Fighter/Alchemist (mutagens are better than rage for that) or a Fighter/Druid (my homebrew feats allow druids to use weapons and armor while wildshaped, essentially making wildshape a super buff that still allows you to attack normally).
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fighter/sorcerer would be mainly for weapon training (goes in to spells that need targeted) and the good BAB (makes hitting even easier). Being able to function if/when the spells run out is also a nice plus. It could be a good class combo if you make sure you keep prioritized.

EDIT: I just thought of something. Anyone care to tell me any class under these rules that would have better and more reliable non-magical damage than a paladin/fighter with gray guard (Complete Scoundrel) as one of the prestige classes? Extra lay on hands and relaxed restrictions on your actions as a paladin are just gravy. Pick Kensai for your other prestige if you're going with a one-weapon build and you're golden. Anything else that meshes well with a melee user with relatively minor divine casting would also work good.
    Last edited by Aleucard; 07-29-2010 at 04:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the 3.5 Ninja, I would like to gain his Ki powers with the monk default Ki abilities, but I'm not sure what I should give up. Any suggestions/comments? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Ki strike(lawful, etc.), but I do like the ability to run faster, hit more, and the dodge bonus.

-Zedek

EDIT: I really like almost all the Ninja abilities labeled as "Ghost" things. Ghost strike, Ghost walk, Ghost Mind, Ghost Step, and Ghost Sight- all very cool. Just need to know what i should rid myself of to get them.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Zedek; 07-29-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No ninjas! Only Core classes for base classes.

Welgar, someone just rolled up a made-for-healing character. I suppose you could still be one, but you would just be the "just in case" party member. This, however, gives you the freedom to be as interesting as you want.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Aluecard, I would think it would help more to be a class to make sure the spells DONT run out. The increased BAB helps a little, but many of the best spells arent even rays or touch spells, and hit based on the enemies reflex save, not hit chance. Also, you would have WAAAAY more fighter feats than you would even know what to do with. You can only take a few feats that would help you fire rays. After that, what, you get good with bows? Again, why not just be a class that makes sure you never need to pull that bow out in the first place?
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, I think now's as good a time as any. Can we get an inventory of all the characters currently playing? I'm rolling with a CG rogue/summoner with a focus on crowd control and high-density damage. What about everyone else?

EDIT: Do NOT post for someone else. Only post your own character. Also, it's recommended you don't hand out the link for your sheet unless if you're alright with everyone knowing exactly what you can and want to do. If you want to get the point across, do it in-game with roleplay. That's going to give you a lot more character and flavor than you would have otherwise, and will make for a more interesting campaign.
    Last edited by Aleucard; 07-29-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LE Monk/rogue. Will mesh well with good aligned party members, but I'll need a way to avoid any paladin's 'detect evil' ability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LG Paladin/Oracle, dont know if non casters can hide their allignment without some expensive item
    "A gun is a tool. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Downloads
    Uploads
    @chrono21791: Is there still room for more players? Myself and two friends are looking for a Pathfinder game, and I'm a powergamer at heart so...

@Death Rattle: Not sure on the source, I'll have to look it up, possibly Arms & Equipment Guide, but you can weave threads of lead into your clothing and it blocks detection spells like a thin sheet of lead would. EDIT: Nope it was in Complete Scoundrel, but its only meant to hide the detection of magic items you conceal.

EDIT2: @chrono21791: If you do still have room I know for sure one of my friends will be able to play, the other one works a lot so I'm not sure. As far as character ideas I'm thinking about a Fighter/Sorcerer/Arcane Archer concept, and my one friend I've already talked to is thinking of a Druid/Summoner.
    Last edited by beholder87; 07-29-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deathrattle, what exactly is your character concept focused on? That seems very all over the place, to me.

EDIT: While I don't see anything wrong with that arcane archer concept, I DO have problems with the druid/summoner. Thing is, we already got someone on crowd control; me. Having too many people on one thing is going to make everything convoluted. If you can think of some way to do things without overlapping with my character, then I'm fine. Otherwise, things might get messy (not necessarily because of me).
    Last edited by Aleucard; 07-29-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    beholder87, sorry, there is no more room for players. I should update the thing so it says that...

So far we have Aleucard as a Rogue/Summoner for Control, DeathRattle as a Paladin/Oracle for Healing and Support, Zedek as a Monk/Rogue for Striking and Utility (assuming), as well as one player interested in being a Blaster and another who wanted to be a Healer/Supporter but Deathrattle already took on that mantle.

Aleucard, Deathrattles char is more focused than yours. Paladin for smiting, lay on hands, and healing burst later on, as well as their weapon proficiencies, and Oracle for good spellcasting of all the sexy support spells that are on the cleric list. Bonus to putting everything in Cha, so the paladin abilities will be very powerful. Good BAB and HP is just gravy.
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if someone fails to show up consistently or has to drop out of the group let me know. I'd like to join the waiting list so to speak.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For sure, you're at the top of the waiting list, then. On that note, I have too many characters, and I need to drop one. Any volunteers?
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you want to run games twice a week why not run two different groups, each once per week, in the same campaign setting in your world, but doing different tasks? Would solve both you having too many players and me wanting to play in the game at the same time =P

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh god @.@ That would be way too much to keep track of. I'm already doing a campaign besides this one.
    I don't need reality.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast